Children's Home Society of Ohio

  • Dora
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10 6:30 PM
      I am trying to find records of children housed at the Children's Home Society of Ohio located at 34, 38 or 40 West 1st Avenue in Columbus, Ohio. And, trying to confirm information about an "orphan train" that took children from an orphanage in Columbus and took them to the Napoleon/Malinta, Ohio area and just dropped them off. This would have been sometime between 1905-1920. I don't know what my dad's birth name was, who his parents were, or where he was born in Ohio.

      Thanks

      Dora
    • Lois Lane
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26 1:35 PM
        I also had heard about the Orphan Train and I thought they took kids to
        Jamestown, NY or something. I will have to find the papers I had on that.
        There was a person that was a speaker at a Historian's meeting that spoke
        about it.

        --
        Lois J Lane
        Franklinville, NY