Need info on SCHLOENDORF's in Polk County, Fanny Township, Minnesota

  • number_1_genealogist
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 23 7:43 AM
      I am looking for any death, obituary and burial information for Frederick Schloendorf and Dorthea (Schmekpeper) Schloendorf. The focus area is Polk County, Minnesota. Likely cemetery location would be Fanny Township.

      Here is what I know of the family.

      From a Minnesota Death Card, I found:
      Frederick Schloendorf was born in Germany and lived in Polk County, Fanny Township, Minnesota until he died on January 28th, 1906 at the age of 74. His parents were Fred Schloendorf and Maria Asendorf, both born in Germany.

      From the 1900 U.S. Census I know:
      Richard (shown as "Dick") was listed as the head of the household. Frederick Schloendorf was married to Dorthea (presume born in Germany), who was 62 at the time. They had been married for 42 years (estimated marriage date of 1858). They had immigrated in 1894. Two daughters, Magdalena (age 28) and Anna (age 17) were still at home.

      From the "United States. Germans to America Index, 1850-1897", I know:
      Frederick Schloendorf arrived in the Port of New York on September 19th, 1893. He arrived aboard the Darmstadt out of Bremen, Germany. His destination was listed as Chicago.

      From the MOMS database, I know the following:
      The son of Frederich Schloendorf, Richard ("Diedrich") Schloendorf, was married to Olga Hoffos in Polk County on September 5th, 1905. (Olga Hoffos was from Pope County.)

      From a Minnesota Birth Record, I know:
      John Richard Schloendorf was born on March 28th, 1908 in Fanny Township, Polk County, Minnesota, to Richard Schloendorf (age 38, born Germany) and Olga Hoffos (age 23, born Minnesota). At the time the number of children was listed as 2 "by this mother". So, it seems that John Richard had an older sibling for whom I don't have a name.

      I know from the Canadian Census that Richard and Olga left for Canada in about 1909.

      From the "Montana, County Marriages, 1865 -1950", I know:
      Anna M. Schloendorf (age 30, born Germany) married Swan Munson (age 31, born in Nebraska) on July 3rd, 1918, in Lewistown, Fergus County, Montana. Here parents are listed as Frederick Schloendorf and Dorthea Schmekpeper. His parents were John Munson and Katherine Fenning.
    • mccgram
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
        At familysearch.org:
        Frederick Schloendorf, "Minnesota, Deaths and Burials, 1835-1990"
        Name: Frederick Schloendorf
        Gender: Male
        Burial Date:
        Burial Place:
        Death Date: 28 Jan 1906
        Death Place: Fanny, Polk, Minnesota
        Age: 74
        Birth Date: 1832
        Birthplace:
        Occupation:
        Race:
        Marital Status:
        Spouse's Name:
        Father's Name: Fred
        Father's Birthplace:
        Mother's Name: Maria Asendorf
        Mother's Birthplace:
        Indexing Project (Batch) Number: B02074-9
        System Origin: Minnesota-EASy
        GS Film number: 2117559
        Reference ID:

        if you send for a copy should list Cemetery
      • mccgram
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
          Minnesota, Territorial and State Censuses, 1849-1905 about Fred Schloendorf
          Name: Fred Schloendorf
          Age: 76
          Census Date: 7 Jun 1905
          County: Polk
          Locality: Fanny
          Birth Location: Germany
          Gender: Male
          Estimated Birth Year: abt 1829
          Race: White
          Father's Birth Location: Germany
          Mother's Birth Location: Germany
          Line: 26
          Roll: MNSC_143
          this Census was done June 7th
          shows Fred, Dora and Dick
          Name: Fred Schloendorf
          Birth: abt 1829 - Germany
          Residence: 7 Jun 1905 - Fanny, Polk, Minnesota
          Name: Mrs. Dora Schloendorf
          Birth: abt 1836 - Germany
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
            Could this be Her:

            1910 United States Federal Census about Dorah Schloendorf
            Name: Dorah Schloendorf
            [Dorth Schoendorf]
            Age in 1910: 73
            Birth Year: 1837
            Birthplace: Germany
            Home in 1910: Fairmont Ward 1, Martin, Minnesota
            Race: White
            Gender: Female
            Immigration Year: 1884
            Relation to Head of House: Mother-in-law
            Marital Status: Widowed
            Father's Birthplace: Germany
            Mother's Birthplace: Germany
            Neighbors: View others on page
            Household Members:
            Name Age
            Orville W Merrit 38
            Lina Merrit 37
            Dorah Schloendorf 73
            Anna Schloendorf 25
            Charlie Smithson 27
          • mccgram
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
              --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "number_1_genealogist" <gary.gauthier@...> wrote:

              > I am looking for any death, obituary and burial information for Frederick Schloendorf and Dorthea (Schmekpeper) Schloendorf. The focus area is Polk County, Minnesota. Likely cemetery location would be Fanny Township.
              >
              > Here is what I know of the family.
              >
              > From a Minnesota Death Card, I found:
              > Frederick Schloendorf was born in Germany and lived in Polk County, Fanny Township, Minnesota until he died on January 28th, 1906 at the age of 74. His parents were Fred Schloendorf and Maria Asendorf, both born in Germany.
              >
              > From the 1900 U.S. Census I know:
              > Richard (shown as "Dick") was listed as the head of the household. Frederick Schloendorf was married to Dorthea (presume born in Germany), who was 62 at the time. They had been married for 42 years (estimated marriage date of 1858). They had immigrated in 1894. Two daughters, Magdalena (age 28) and Anna (age 17) were still at home.
              >
              > From the "United States. Germans to America Index, 1850-1897", I know:
              > Frederick Schloendorf arrived in the Port of New York on September 19th, 1893. He arrived aboard the Darmstadt out of Bremen, Germany. His destination was listed as Chicago.
              >
              > From the MOMS database, I know the following:
              > The son of Frederich Schloendorf, Richard ("Diedrich") Schloendorf, was married to Olga Hoffos in Polk County on September 5th, 1905. (Olga Hoffos was from Pope County.)
              >
              > From a Minnesota Birth Record, I know:
              > John Richard Schloendorf was born on March 28th, 1908 in Fanny Township, Polk County, Minnesota, to Richard Schloendorf (age 38, born Germany) and Olga Hoffos (age 23, born Minnesota). At the time the number of children was listed as 2 "by this mother". So, it seems that John Richard had an older sibling for whom I don't have a name.
              >
              > I know from the Canadian Census that Richard and Olga left for Canada in about 1909.
              >
              > From the "Montana, County Marriages, 1865 -1950", I know:
              > Anna M. Schloendorf (age 30, born Germany) married Swan Munson (age 31, born in Nebraska) on July 3rd, 1918, in Lewistown, Fergus County, Montana. Here parents are listed as Frederick Schloendorf and Dorthea Schmekpeper. His parents were John Munson and Katherine Fenning.

              According to records I have looked at this comes up:
              Fanny Township

              No Cemeteries known
            • mccgram
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
                Try adding more search terms to improve your search results.
                Orville W Merrit
                United States Census, 1910

                birth: 1872 Minnesota
                residence: 1910 Fairmont Ward 1, Martin, Minnesota
                spouse: Lina Merrit
                Orville Merritt
                United States Census, 1940

                birth: 1872 Minnesota
                residence: 1940 Ward 2, Fairmont, Fairmont City, Martin, Minnesota, United States
                spouse: Lina Merritt
                Orville W Merritt
                United States Census, 1930

                birth: 1871 Minnesota
                census: 1930 Fairmont, Martin, Minnesota
                spouse: Magdaline Merritt
                at Familyserch.org
                Orvil W Merritt, "United States Census, 1920"
                Name: Orvil W Merritt
                Event Type:
                Event Year: 1920
                Event Place: , Martin, Minnesota
                Gender: Male
                Age: 47
                Marital Status: Married
                Race: White
                Birthplace: Minnesota
                Birth Year (Estimated): 1873
                Relationship to Head of Household: Self
                Father's Birthplace:
                Mother's Birthplace:
                Household ID: 237
                Sheet Number: 10
                GS Film number: 1820844
                Digital Folder Number: 4312192
                Image Number: 00901
                Household Gender Age Birthplace
                SELF Orvil W Merritt M 47y Minnesota
                WIFE Madiline W Merritt F 44y Hanover Germany
                Dora A Schleondorf F 82y Hanover Germany