Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Obit question

  • Shirley Patrick
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2013
      If you think obits are hard try to get them to move a grave that they put
      in the wrong Cemetery because Find a grave did not put the correct name on
      the cemetery.

      On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 2:56 AM, lady_talala <lady_talala@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I am a member of Find-a-grave,
      >
      > http://www.findagrave.com/
      >
      > and I try to help out with obits; not the daily ones; but the ones that
      > appear in the sections "25 years ago today"; "50 years ago today"; "75
      > years ago today" and "100 years ago today".
      > But I keep coming across other Find-a-grave members who refuse
      > categorically to put the obituaries on the memorials that they are managers
      > for.
      > I already did all the typing, all they have to do is cut and paste to
      > update the memorials.
      > But all I get is excuses "they do not want to put a living person's name
      > on the memorials."
      >
      > But actually, I have gotten a lot of good feedback because the obits are
      > usually a lot more correct than Grandma's memory was.
      >
      > I would really appreciate feedback on that. Do you use the obits?
      >
      > Talala

    • James T.Rountree
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2013
        Hello,I do when I can. I also appreciate finding an obituary on a site at find a grave. This information can add MUCH to your research as well as to others. Unfortunately there are those out there that will only do so much. It is sad but I am glad to know that you are one of the ones' who care. I live in Macon, Georgia let me know if I can help and I will try.Ann