New to Group & My "Brick Walls"

  • ragsno11
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2013
      I'm new to the group so I thought I would post a hello message and also
      see if there was anyone that has hit the same "brick walls" as me [:)]
      . My name is Roger Hunt and my major research interests are the Hunt,
      Haley, Mattison/Matteson and Wood surnames. I am a direct descendant of
      Enoch Hunt (1585-1653) who came to the new world in the late 1630's with
      his son Ephraim. Enoch returned to England but Ephraim stayed and set up
      in Weymouth, Massachusetts.
      I have two brick walls that are driving me crazy. The first is finding
      out more on my 3rd great grandfather Edward Wood. I find Edward listed
      according to the death record of my 2nd great grandfather Reuben Wood
      (1820-1894). The death record indicates Edward was born in New York,
      however Reuben's 1880 census indicates Edward was born in Massachusetts,
      and his wife in Rhode Island. Reuben was born in Mechanicville, New
      York, lived in the Pittstown, New York area, but his death was recorded
      in Williamstown, Massachusetts.
      The second is finding out more of my 5th great grandfather, William
      Haley (1738-1783). Williams wife is listed as Lucy, but I have no
      surname for her. William died in Pownal, Vermont, however I am unable to
      find his grave. I do not know where William was born or how he came to
      Vermont.
      If anyone out there is researching these lines, feel free to send a note
      to ragsno1@... .
      Roger Hunt