Re: HELP on a wall: Charles W GRUTTIS

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2013
      Looks like Charles had an older sister named LULA -

      Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985 (Ancestry.com)
      Name: Charles Wm Gruttes
      Birth Date: 10 Feb 1896
      Event Type: Baptism
      Baptism Date: 21 May 1898
      Baptism Place: Schaefferstown, Lebanon, Pennsylvania
      Father Name: Abraham Benj Gruttes
      Mother Name: Ida Esther Gruttes
      Organization Name: St Paul´s United Church of Christ
      ==========
      Name: Lulu Alta Gruttes
      Birth Date: 3 Dec 1893
      Event Type: Baptism
      Baptism Date: 2 May 1898
      Baptism Place: Schaefferstown, Lebanon, Pennsylvania
      Father Name: Abraham Benj Gruttes
      Mother Name: Ida Esther Gruttes
      Organization Name: St Paul´s United Church of Christ

      Name: Charles W Gruttis
      Born: 10 Feb 1896 Pennsylvania
      Registered: Otoe, Nebraska

      U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
      Name: Charles William Gruttis
      Born: 10 Feb 1896 Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
      Residence: Berks, Pennsylvania
      NOTE: Stroudsburg is in MONROE County (PA).

      Looks like Charles' WIFE was named LULA also -

      1920 Dunbar, Otoe, Nebraska
      Gruttis, Charles/24:PA:PA:PA, Lula/21:NE:IN:MO, Hazel/1+4m

      - Tom Knox