Help Wanted - Editing / Proofing / formatting Texas Historical Books

  • Charlie Vines
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2012
      I have a number of Texas historical books (all in the public domain) that I want to post online at the Texas homepage (or where applicable on the county pages) at TrailsToThePast.org. The books are primarily in PDF (Adobe Acrobat) format. I can convert them to text format. I am looking for help with the editing/proofing/formatting of each text version of an article/biography to ensure they match the PDF format.

      We are currently working on "Types of Successful Men of Texas" by L. E. Daniell. The website for the book at TTTP is http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txtttp/tosmotx.html.

      If you think you would be interested in helping, please email me at charlie.vines@... and I will provide you with more information, a biography (text format) and the link to the PDF version of the book (online). If you have questions, please send them to the same e-mail address.

      So far I have four responses from postings on other sites. One may come on board after the first of the year, two ask are more info (sent info and one biography to 'play with', and one is actively working (completed eight items in a week).

      This is a volunteer project with no pressure or deadlines. You will work as your time/schedule permits.

      Blessings,

      Charlie Vines
      Assistant State Host - Texas Trails To The Past (http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txtttp/)