Re: family arrived en 1907 Elis Island "LANGLAIS"

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 29, 2012
      http://EllisIsland.org
      searching for surname LANGLAIS dates 1905+/-2 :
      finds two LEON LANGLAIS and two PHENA LANGLAIS
      =====
      http://Ancestry.com
      searching immigration records for LANGLAIS
      -- similar confusion --

      There appear to be two sets of records for 1907 -
      slightly different dates, on different ships - - -

      New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 (Ancestry.com)
      Name: Euphrasia Langlais
      Arrival Date: 23 Apr 1907
      Birth Date: abt 1869
      Age: 38
      Gender: Female
      Ethnicity/ Nationality: French
      Port of Departure: Antwerp, Belgium
      Port of Arrival: New York, New York
      Ship Name: Zeeland
      line 14: Langlais, Euphrasia, 38
      line 15: ( ), Louis, 13
      line 16: ( ), Frederica, 10
      line 17: ( ), Phena, 4+6m
      line 18: ( ), Leon, 3
      NOTATION: joining relative: Francois Langlais
      NOTE: these five lines are crossed out on this ledger.

      New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
      Name: Euphrasie Langlais
      Arrival Date: 27 Aug 1907
      Birth Date: abt 1869
      Birth Location: Belgium
      Birth Location Other: lumet
      Age: 38
      Gender: Female
      Ethnicity/ Nationality: French
      Port of Departure: Antwerp, Belgium
      Port of Arrival: New York, New York
      Ship Name: Vaderland
      line 14: Langlais, Euphrasie, 38
      line 15: ( ), Louis, 13
      line 16: ( ), Frederica, 10
      line 17: ( ), Phena, 4+6m
      line 18: ( ), Leon, 3
      NOTATION: joining relative: Francois Langlais
      NOTE: these 5 lines are NOT crossed out on this ledger.

      Arriving in the United States in 1907, and presuming that
      they were officially emigrating, then:
      (1) there should be an older arrival record for Francois Langlois;
      (2) the family should appear in the 1910 census (and after);
      (3) there should be naturalization records, at least for Francois;
      (4) there are possibly WW1 draft registration cards for the sons.
      NOTE: the surname will very possibly be variously missspelled:
      the spellings will often be phonetic versions of the target surname.

      searching for surname LANGL* born BELGIUM -

      1920 Salem, Harrison, West Virginia
      Langlett, Frank/52/glassworker, Euphamey/50,
      (), Fred/31, Louis/20, Tena(Fena?)/19?, Leon/17
      NOTE: all are marked as born Belgium

      1930 Salem, Harrison, West Virginia
      Langlet, Frances/63:Belg, Eufrase/62:Belg

      1930 Salem, Harrison, West Virginia
      Langlet, Leon/27:Belg, Valma/22:WV:Belg:Belg, Josie M/1:WV:Belg:WV

      searching for surname LANGL* in WEST VIRGINIA -

      West Virginia, Marriages Index, 1785-1971
      Name: Leon Langlet
      Gender: Male
      Birth Date: 30 Oct 1902
      Birth Place: Belgum
      Age: 25
      Spouse's Name: Velma Mayer
      Spouse Gender: Female
      Spouse Age: 21
      Spouse Birth Date: 1 May 1907
      Spouse Birth Place: Monongahela County, West Virginia
      Marriage Date: 12 May 1928
      Marriage Place: Harrison, West Virginia
      Marital Status: Single
      Father's Name: Frank Langlet
      Mother's Name: Eufezy Lamphere Langlet
      Spouse Father's Name: Emile Mayer
      Spouse Mother's Name: Josephine Gillett Mayer
      ========
      Name: Fernand Victor Langlet
      Gender: Male
      Birth Date: abt 1888
      Age: 54
      Spouse's Name: Bertha Barvais
      Spouse Gender: Female
      Spouse Age: 54
      Marriage Date: 4 Jul 1942
      Marriage Place: Harrison, West Virginia
      Father's Name: Frank Langlet
      Mother's Name: Euyhazy Lenpeereur Langlet
      Spouse Father's Name: John Dovillez
      Spouse Mother's Name: Mary Pettit Dovillez
      ==========
      Name: Ferdinand Langlet
      Gender: Male
      Birth Date: abt 1888
      Birth Place: France
      Age: 26
      Spouse's Name: Zena Pauline Fontain
      Spouse Gender: Female
      Spouse Age: 21
      Spouse Birth Place: Blackford, Indiana
      Marriage Date: 14 Mar 1914
      Marriage Place: Harrison, West Virginia
      Marital Status: Single
      Race: White
      Ethnicity: Canadian
      Father's Name: Frank Langlet
      Mother's Name: Euphazie Langlet
      Spouse Father's Name: Aime Fontain
      Spouse Mother's Name: Lea Fontain

      searching for surname LANGL* in WEST VIRGINIA, HARRISON COUNTY -

      West Virginia, Deaths Index, 1853-1973
      Name: Francois Langlet
      Birth Date: abt 1868
      Death Date: 17 Sep 1938
      Death Place: Salem, Harrison, West Virginia
      Death Age: 70 years 7 months 11 days
      Gender: Male
      Father Name: Francois Langlet
      Mother Name: Stephennie Dubois
      FHL Film Number: 847173
      =====
      Name: Euphrasic Langlet
      [Euphrasic Lempereur]
      Birth Date: 18 Nov 1868
      Birth Place: Manbenge, France
      Death Date: 2 May 1943
      Death Place: Clarksburg, Harrison, West Virginia
      Burial Date: 5 May 1943
      Burial Place: Salem, West Virginia
      Death Age: 74 years 5 months 14 days
      Occupation: Housewife
      Race: White
      Marital Status: Married
      Gender: Female
      Father Name: August Lempereur
      Father Birth Place: Belgium
      FHL Film Number: 847174
      =====
      Name: Leon F. Langlet
      Birth Date: 30 Oct 1902
      Birth Place: Belgium
      Death Date: 30 Sep 1962
      Death Place: Clarksburg, Harrison, West Virginia
      Burial Date: 3 Oct 1962
      Burial Place: MT Vernon, Ohio
      Cemetery Name: St. John'S
      Death Age: 59
      Occupation: Glass Cutter
      Race: White
      Marital Status: Married
      Gender: Male
      Father Name: Francois Langlet
      Mother Name: Euphrazie Laenpior
      FHL Film Number: 847179

      West Virginia, Births Index, 1853-1969
      Name: Lillian Marion Leroy
      Birth Date: 10 Jun 1924
      Birth Place: Salem, Harrison, West Virginia
      Birth County: Harrison
      Gender: Female
      Father's Name: Henry Jr Leroy
      Mother's Name: Fena Langlet
      FHL Film Number: 847189
      =====
      Name: Jules Francis Langlett
      Birth Date: 8 Apr 1923
      Birth Place: Salem, Harrison, West Virginia
      Birth County: Harrison
      Gender: Male
      Father's Name: Louie Langlett
      Mother's Name: Olga Genin
      FHL Film Number: 847189

      U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
      Name: Fernand V Langlet
      County: Harrison
      State: West Virginia
      Birthplace: France
      Birth Date: 24 Mar 1887
      Race: Caucasian (White)
      =====
      Name: Louis Langlet
      County: Harrison
      State: West Virginia
      Birthplace: Belgium
      Birth Date: 19 May 1893
      Race: Caucasian (White)

      U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
      Name: Fernand Victor Langlet
      Birth Date: 24 Mar 1887
      Birth Place: France
      Residence: Harrison, West Virginia
      =====
      Name: Louis Langlet
      Birth Date: 19 May 1893
      Birth Place: Charlierois, Belgium
      Residence: Clarksburg, West Virginia

      NOTE: I did a lot of cut-n-paste here, and not much actually reading
      of the images - there is probably more information available on
      the images then just the information that I provided here.

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Frere" <y.frere@...> wrote:

      > My name is Monica FRERE, J am French and I am searching for family LANGLAIS.
      > They arrived in 1904 and 1907
      > LANGLAIS euphrasie louise joseph born LEMPEREUR in 1868 in Lodelinsart
      > Belgium married with François LANGLAIS born 1867
      > children Victor born 1887, Louis 1894, Frederica 1897,Phena in 1903, and Léon born 1904
      > I know by history family, one daughter married David LEROY he was in the army 1945 he went in 1947 seeing family in France, he had 2 sons, and after nothing at all, perhaps in Virginia ?
      > and I would like knowing something more and I don't know how to search.
      > J hope help.
      > Thank you. Monique FRERE

    • Roberta Baum
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 29, 2012
        Hello, Monica: I read your post about the Langlais name and I was very interested because I have that name in my family tree. I have not done any research on it, mostly because I don't know how to research in France. I was surprised to learn from some of the responders that they had lived in Clarksburg, Ritchie Co., WV since that is the location of many of my familThe Langlais name that I know of came from the Guernsey Channel Islands way back in the 1500's. I have no current information. Roberta Baum
        To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
        From: y.frere@...
        Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 06:51:35 +0000
        Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] HELLO everybody searching for family arrived en 1907 Elis Island "LANGLAIS"

        My name is Monica FRERE, J am French and I am searching for family LANGLAIS.

        They arrived in 1904 and 1907

        LANGLAIS euphrasie louise joseph born LEMPEREUR in 1868 in Lodelinsart

        Belgium married with Fran�ois LANGLAIS born 1867

        children Victor born 1887, Louis 1894, Frederica 1897,Phena in 1903, and L�on born 1904

        I know by history family, one daughter married David LEROY he was in the army 1945 he went in 1947 seeing family in France, he had 2 sons, and after nothing at all, perhaps in Virginia ?

        and I would like knowing something more and I don't know how to search.

        J hope help.

        Thank you. Monique FRERE

      • yves et monique frere
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2012
          Hello,
          Thanks, I am grateful to you for your help.
          So have a good day, like me, 12 years I searched for them, and now I hope to find their descendants.
          Monique de Menton

          Daughter of Leon Langlet & Velma Mayer Langlet
          http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=langl&GSpartial=1&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=52&GScnty=3080&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=91355647&df=all&

          - Tom Knox

          --- In mailto:genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com, "Frere" <y.frere@...> wrote:

          > My name is Monica FRERE, J am French and I am searching for family LANGLAIS.
          > They arrived in 1904 and 1907
          > LANGLAIS euphrasie louise joseph born LEMPEREUR in 1868 in Lodelinsart
          > Belgium married with François LANGLAIS born 1867
          > children Victor born 1887, Louis 1894, Frederica 1897,Phena in 1903, and Léon born 1904
          > I know by history family, one daughter married David LEROY he was in the army 1945 he went in 1947 seeing family in France, he had 2 sons, and after nothing at all, perhaps in Virginia ?
          > and I would like knowing something more and I don't know how to search.
          > J hope help.
          > Thank you. Monique FRERE

        • yves et monique frere
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
            Hello,
            J am working, very happy with your help.
            If it is possible, can you look West Virginia, Birth index every name children from Henri LEROY and Fena LANGLET, please 1853 – 1969.
            ANd Marriages index LEROY Henry Jr and Fena LANGLET West Virginia possible.
            With hope and all my gratitude. Monique FRERE de Menton

            Thanks, I am grateful to you for your help.
            So have a good day, like me, 12 years I searched for them, and now I hope to find their descendants.
            Monique de Menton

            Daughter of Leon Langlet & Velma Mayer Langlet
            http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=langl&GSpartial=1&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=52&GScnty=3080&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=91355647&df=all&

            - Tom Knox

            --- In mailto:genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com, "Frere" <y.frere@...> wrote:

            > My name is Monica FRERE, J am French and I am searching for family LANGLAIS.
            > They arrived in 1904 and 1907
            > LANGLAIS euphrasie louise joseph born LEMPEREUR in 1868 in Lodelinsart
            > Belgium married with François LANGLAIS born 1867
            > children Victor born 1887, Louis 1894, Frederica 1897,Phena in 1903, and Léon born 1904
            > I know by history family, one daughter married David LEROY he was in the army 1945 he went in 1947 seeing family in France, he had 2 sons, and after nothing at all, perhaps in Virginia ?
            > and I would like knowing something more and I don't know how to search.
            > J hope help.
            > Thank you. Monique FRERE

          • yves et monique frere
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
              Hello Roberta,
              Nice to meet you, it's morning, ideas are clear. I understand the message
              now, my english is old, school language, so excuse me if I make mistakes
              by advance.
              So you live in America and you need help, ok for me, I help you, tell me
              what you need and I look for that, no problem.
              So you read the messages, do you think you are of my family ? from LEROY
              LANGLETT arrived from Belgium in 1907.
              Tell me your history family, what you know and if you have grand mother and
              more ask them, it is precious their memory.
              I must leave you, now, I must go in Monaco seeing my daughter and my little
              sons.
              Bye. Monique FRERE see you later

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 5, 2012
                includes all of the West Virginia Birth Index records for Henry LeRoy and Fena Langlett, and includes all of the West Virginia Marriage Index records for Henry LeRoy and Fena Langlett.

                Francis Edmond Leroy (b.1923) married Mary Naomi Morgan (b.ca.1927)

                Lillian Marion Leroy (b.1924) married Feranand Trigaux (b.ca.1925)

                Social Security Death Index
                Name: Francis Leroy
                SSN: 233-30-6023
                Born: 7 Feb 1923
                Died: Sep 1975
                State (Year) SSN issued: West Virginia (Before 1951)
                ====
                Name: Lillian M. Trigaux
                SSN: 234-32-2291
                Last Residence: 43537 Maumee, Lucas, Ohio, United States of America
                Born: 10 Jun 1924
                Last Benefit: 43537 Maumee, Lucas, Ohio, United States of America
                Died: 28 Apr 1990
                State (Year) SSN issued: West Virginia (Before 1951)
                =====
                Name: Feranand Trigaux
                SSN: 236-28-1495
                Born: 27 Jan 1924
                Last Benefit: 43537 Maumee, Lucas, Ohio, United States of America
                Died: Jun 1977
                State (Year) SSN issued: West Virginia (Before 1951)

                West Virginia, Births Index, 1853-1969
                Name: Fernand Leon Trigaux
                Birth Date: 27 Jan 1924
                Birth Place: Salem, Harrison, West Virginia
                Birth County: Harrison
                Gender: Male
                Father's Name: Alfred Trigaux
                Mother's Name: Gabrillee Thibout
                FHL Film Number: 847189

                Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, & 1958-2007
                Name: Lillian Marion Trigaux
                [Lillian Marion Leroy]
                Birth Date: 10 Jun 1924
                Birth State: West Virginia
                Birth Country: United States
                Gender: Female
                Race: White
                Hispanic Origin: Not Hispanic (Latino)
                Residence City: Maumee
                Residence County: Lucas
                Residence State: Ohio
                Residence Country: United States
                Death Date: 28 Apr 1990
                Death Time: 02:00 PM
                Hospital of Death: Home
                City of Death: Maumee
                County of Death: Lucas
                Certificate: 029905
                Age at Death: 65
                Certifier: Coroner
                Referred to Coroner: Referred to Coroner
                Autopsy: No Autopsy performed
                Filing Date: 7 May 1990
                Hospital Status: Other/Residence
                Injury in Ohio: Yes
                Type Place of Injury: Unspecified Place
                Social Security Number: 243-32-2291
                Father's Surname: Leroy
                Marital Status: Widowed
                Education: 12
                Industry of Decedent: Not specified retail trade
                Occupation of Decedent: Sales workers, other commodities
                Census Tract: 0712
                Primary Registration District: 4802

                Ohio, Birth Index, 1908-1964
                Name: Victor F Trigaux
                Birth Date: 23 Mar 1951
                State File Number: 1951107657
                Additional Information: Leroy
                NOTE: This information is only from an index-database,
                but there is a good chance that this is the son of
                Feranand Trigaux and Lillian Marion Leroy .

                Ohio Marriage Index, 1970, 1972-2007
                Name: Victor Trigaux
                Age: 25
                Birth Year: abt 1951
                Residence County: Fulton
                Spouse's Name: Karen L Jefferds
                Spouse's Age: 21
                Spouse's Birth Year: abt 1955
                Spouse's Residence County: Out Of State
                Marriage Date: 11 Dec 1976
                Marriage License County: Fulton
                Cerificate Number: 90186
                Volume Number: 8828

                Find-A-Grave:
                Trigaux, Fernan , b. 1924 d. Jun. 19, 1977
                http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=trigaux&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=37&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=42672196&df=all&
                =====
                Trigaux, Lillian Marion Leroy , b. Jun. 10, 1924 d. Apr. 28, 1990
                http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=trigaux&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=37&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=42672197&df=all&

                - Tom Knox