re: Sarah Taylor

  • D Rey
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 21, 2012
      possible

      1930 United States Federal Census about Sarah Taylor
      Name:Sarah Taylor
      Gender:Female
      Birth Year:abt 1892
      Birthplace:Canada
      Race:White
      Home in 1930:Sault Sainte Marie, Chippewa, Michigan
      View Map
      Marital Status:Single
      Immigration Year:1896
      Relation to Head of House:Sister
      Father's Birthplace:Canada
      Mother's Birthplace:Canada
      Occupation:

      Education:

      Military Service:

      Rent/home value:

      Age at first marriage:

      Parents' birthplace:View image
      Neighbors:View others on page
      Household Members:Name
      Age
      Herman Taylor 35
      Sarah Taylor 38
      Cecil Taylor 19 View
      Original
      Record
      View original image

      Learn more with our new image viewerTry now

      Do something every day to get your heart going so it keeps going.
      Dennis

    • D Rey
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 21, 2012
        I now think that previous post is not her.

        Ontario, Canada, Marriages, 1801-1928 about Dufferin Taylor
        Name:Dufferin Taylor
        Age:21
        Estimated Birth Year:abt 1891
        Father Name:Samuel Taylor
        Mother Name:Lewella Pettit
        Spouse Name:Sarah Jane Magill
        Spouse's Age:20
        Spouse Birth Year:abt 1892
        Spouse Father Name:William Magill
        Spouse Mother Name:Louise South
        Marriage Date:17 Oct 1912
        Marriage County or District:Lamb

        arents
        * George Taylor
        1857 –
        * Sophia Louisa Coulter
        1864 – 1930

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 21, 2012
          I'm not convinced this is your Sarah but I don't know the particulars so you have to decide.

          1920 United States Federal Census about Sarah J Taylor
          Name:Sarah J Taylor
          Age:28
          Birth Year:abt 1892
          Birthplace:Canada
          Home in 1920:Sault Sainte Marie, Chippewa, Michigan
          Race:White
          Gender:Female
          Immigration Year:1896
          Relation to Head of House:Daughter
          Marital Status:Single
          Father's Name:George Taylor
          Father's Birthplace:Canada
          Mother's Name:Sophia L Taylor
          Mother's Birthplace:Canada
          Able to Read:Yes
          Able to Write:Yes
          Neighbors:View others on page
          Household Members:Name
          Age
          George Taylor 65
          Sophia L Taylor 55
          Sarah J Taylor 28
          Clayton Taylor 25
          Herman Taylor 23
          Arthur Taylor 19
          Austin Taylor 15
          Cecil Taylor 8

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 21, 2012
            I'm probably confusing you with all this.  Often that is the way of genealogy.

            1910 United States Federal Census about L Sarah Magill
            Name:Sarah Magill
            [L Sarah]
            Age in 1910:16
            Birth Year:abt 1894
            [1894]
            Birthplace:Michigan
            Home in 1910:Bangor, Bay, Michigan
            Race:White
            Gender:Female
            Relation to Head of House:Daughter
            Marital Status:Single
            Father's Name:William E Magill
            Father's Birthplace:Canada
            [Canada English]
            Mother's Name:Adaline Magill
            Mother's Birthplace:Michigan
            Neighbors:View others on page
            Household Members:Name
            Age
            William E Magill 62
            Adaline Magill 59
            Donald A Magill 23
            L Sarah Magill 16

            Do something every day to get your heart going so it keeps going.
            Dennis

          • lee taylor
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 27, 2012
              Wrong Sarah Taylor but thanks for looking.

              Lee Taylor-Elliott

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 27, 2012
                Yes this is my Sarah, Dufferin died at the age of 28 from cancer leaving Sarah with 5 children. What I need is information how did she die she was only 30 years old.

                Lee Taylor-Elliott

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 27, 2012
                  Sorry no

                  Lee Taylor-Elliott

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 27, 2012
                    This is my Sarah but a cousin of my Sarah.

                    Lee Taylor-Elliott

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 27, 2012
                      So I'm only looking for a death cetertificate or a burial permit., that would tell me how she died so young. Sarah Taylor (1892-1922) moved to the Detroit area (from Canada) after the death of her husband who died in 1919. She had 5 children. A family biography says, "Three years later Sarah died at work at the Ford Motor company." That would be 1922. No I don't know what month. She is NOT on the following genealogybank, Archives.com, Acceess Newspaper Archives, familysearch, Hertiagequest, findagrave usa, findagrave Canada, or seeking Michigan. It appears all entries on Ancestry. Are censuses and the Sarahs are with husbands. What does it mean she died at work?? Is there a Ford Motor Library with this type of information? Anymore suggestions??

                      Name Cemetery County Township Reference
                      MAGILL, Anne C. (d/o William &Louise Magill) Bear Creek Presbyterian Lambton Moore LB-944-6
                      MAGILL, James Bear Creek Presbyterian Lambton Moore LB-944-6
                      MAGILL, Louisa (South) Bear Creek Presbyterian Lambton Moore LB-944-6
                      MAGILL, Robert James (s/o William &Louisa Magill)Bear Creek PresbyterianLambton Moore LB-944-6
                      MAGILL, Sarah J. (30 yrs) Bear Creek Presbyterian Lambton Moore LB-944-6
                      MAGILL, Teresa B. (w/o William D. Sinclair) Bear Creek Presbyterian Lambton Moore LB-944-6
                      MAGILL, William (h/o Louisa South) Bear Creek Presbyterian Lambton Moore LB-944-6

                      thank you for any and all suggestions.

                      Lee Taylor-Elliott
                    • windsongbelle
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 29, 2012
                      • windsongbelle
                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 29, 2012
                          try Detoit news or free Press archives and or Detoit death certificates
                        • lee taylor
                          Message 12 of 12 , Nov 29, 2012
                            Marion was my father-in-laws sister, unfortunately I only met her once in 1960 when she and Hary flew to California for Bob's and my wedding.

                            Lee Taylor-Elliott

                            Sarah, Dufferin died at the age of 28 from cancer leaving Sarah

                            http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Christina-Genova&lc=4117&pid=148463425&mid=4549534