HELLO everybody searching for family arrived en 1907 Elis Island "LANGLAIS"

  • Frere
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 24, 2012
      My name is Monica FRERE, J am French and I am searching for family LANGLAIS.
      They arrived in 1904 and 1907
      LANGLAIS euphrasie louise joseph born LEMPEREUR in 1868 in Lodelinsart
      Belgium married with François LANGLAIS born 1867
      children Victor born 1887, Louis 1894, Frederica 1897,Phena in 1903, and Léon born 1904
      I know by history family, one daughter married David LEROY he was in the army 1945 he went in 1947 seeing family in France, he had 2 sons, and after nothing at all, perhaps in Virginia ?
      and I would like knowing something more and I don't know how to search.
      J hope help.
      Thank you. Monique FRERE
    • Bloodhound; Kermit
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 29, 2012
        http://EllisIsland.org
        searching for surname LANGLAIS dates 1905+/-2 :
        finds two LEON LANGLAIS and two PHENA LANGLAIS
        =====
        http://Ancestry.com
        searching immigration records for LANGLAIS
        -- similar confusion --

        There appear to be two sets of records for 1907 -
        slightly different dates, on different ships - - -

        New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 (Ancestry.com)
        Name: Euphrasia Langlais
        Arrival Date: 23 Apr 1907
        Birth Date: abt 1869
        Age: 38
        Gender: Female
        Ethnicity/ Nationality: French
        Port of Departure: Antwerp, Belgium
        Port of Arrival: New York, New York
        Ship Name: Zeeland
        line 14: Langlais, Euphrasia, 38
        line 15: ( ), Louis, 13
        line 16: ( ), Frederica, 10
        line 17: ( ), Phena, 4+6m
        line 18: ( ), Leon, 3
        NOTATION: joining relative: Francois Langlais
        NOTE: these five lines are crossed out on this ledger.

        New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
        Name: Euphrasie Langlais
        Arrival Date: 27 Aug 1907
        Birth Date: abt 1869
        Birth Location: Belgium
        Birth Location Other: lumet
        Age: 38
        Gender: Female
        Ethnicity/ Nationality: French
        Port of Departure: Antwerp, Belgium
        Port of Arrival: New York, New York
        Ship Name: Vaderland
        line 14: Langlais, Euphrasie, 38
        line 15: ( ), Louis, 13
        line 16: ( ), Frederica, 10
        line 17: ( ), Phena, 4+6m
        line 18: ( ), Leon, 3
        NOTATION: joining relative: Francois Langlais
        NOTE: these 5 lines are NOT crossed out on this ledger.

        Arriving in the United States in 1907, and presuming that
        they were officially emigrating, then:
        (1) there should be an older arrival record for Francois Langlois;
        (2) the family should appear in the 1910 census (and after);
        (3) there should be naturalization records, at least for Francois;
        (4) there are possibly WW1 draft registration cards for the sons.
        NOTE: the surname will very possibly be variously missspelled:
        the spellings will often be phonetic versions of the target surname.

        searching for surname LANGL* born BELGIUM -

        1920 Salem, Harrison, West Virginia
        Langlett, Frank/52/glassworker, Euphamey/50,
        (), Fred/31, Louis/20, Tena(Fena?)/19?, Leon/17
        NOTE: all are marked as born Belgium

        1930 Salem, Harrison, West Virginia
        Langlet, Frances/63:Belg, Eufrase/62:Belg

        1930 Salem, Harrison, West Virginia
        Langlet, Leon/27:Belg, Valma/22:WV:Belg:Belg, Josie M/1:WV:Belg:WV

        searching for surname LANGL* in WEST VIRGINIA -

        West Virginia, Marriages Index, 1785-1971
        Name: Leon Langlet
        Gender: Male
        Birth Date: 30 Oct 1902
        Birth Place: Belgum
        Age: 25
        Spouse's Name: Velma Mayer
        Spouse Gender: Female
        Spouse Age: 21
        Spouse Birth Date: 1 May 1907
        Spouse Birth Place: Monongahela County, West Virginia
        Marriage Date: 12 May 1928
        Marriage Place: Harrison, West Virginia
        Marital Status: Single
        Father's Name: Frank Langlet
        Mother's Name: Eufezy Lamphere Langlet
        Spouse Father's Name: Emile Mayer
        Spouse Mother's Name: Josephine Gillett Mayer
        ========
        Name: Fernand Victor Langlet
        Gender: Male
        Birth Date: abt 1888
        Age: 54
        Spouse's Name: Bertha Barvais
        Spouse Gender: Female
        Spouse Age: 54
        Marriage Date: 4 Jul 1942
        Marriage Place: Harrison, West Virginia
        Father's Name: Frank Langlet
        Mother's Name: Euyhazy Lenpeereur Langlet
        Spouse Father's Name: John Dovillez
        Spouse Mother's Name: Mary Pettit Dovillez
        ==========
        Name: Ferdinand Langlet
        Gender: Male
        Birth Date: abt 1888
        Birth Place: France
        Age: 26
        Spouse's Name: Zena Pauline Fontain
        Spouse Gender: Female
        Spouse Age: 21
        Spouse Birth Place: Blackford, Indiana
        Marriage Date: 14 Mar 1914
        Marriage Place: Harrison, West Virginia
        Marital Status: Single
        Race: White
        Ethnicity: Canadian
        Father's Name: Frank Langlet
        Mother's Name: Euphazie Langlet
        Spouse Father's Name: Aime Fontain
        Spouse Mother's Name: Lea Fontain

        searching for surname LANGL* in WEST VIRGINIA, HARRISON COUNTY -

        West Virginia, Deaths Index, 1853-1973
        Name: Francois Langlet
        Birth Date: abt 1868
        Death Date: 17 Sep 1938
        Death Place: Salem, Harrison, West Virginia
        Death Age: 70 years 7 months 11 days
        Gender: Male
        Father Name: Francois Langlet
        Mother Name: Stephennie Dubois
        FHL Film Number: 847173
        =====
        Name: Euphrasic Langlet
        [Euphrasic Lempereur]
        Birth Date: 18 Nov 1868
        Birth Place: Manbenge, France
        Death Date: 2 May 1943
        Death Place: Clarksburg, Harrison, West Virginia
        Burial Date: 5 May 1943
        Burial Place: Salem, West Virginia
        Death Age: 74 years 5 months 14 days
        Occupation: Housewife
        Race: White
        Marital Status: Married
        Gender: Female
        Father Name: August Lempereur
        Father Birth Place: Belgium
        FHL Film Number: 847174
        =====
        Name: Leon F. Langlet
        Birth Date: 30 Oct 1902
        Birth Place: Belgium
        Death Date: 30 Sep 1962
        Death Place: Clarksburg, Harrison, West Virginia
        Burial Date: 3 Oct 1962
        Burial Place: MT Vernon, Ohio
        Cemetery Name: St. John'S
        Death Age: 59
        Occupation: Glass Cutter
        Race: White
        Marital Status: Married
        Gender: Male
        Father Name: Francois Langlet
        Mother Name: Euphrazie Laenpior
        FHL Film Number: 847179

        West Virginia, Births Index, 1853-1969
        Name: Lillian Marion Leroy
        Birth Date: 10 Jun 1924
        Birth Place: Salem, Harrison, West Virginia
        Birth County: Harrison
        Gender: Female
        Father's Name: Henry Jr Leroy
        Mother's Name: Fena Langlet
        FHL Film Number: 847189
        =====
        Name: Jules Francis Langlett
        Birth Date: 8 Apr 1923
        Birth Place: Salem, Harrison, West Virginia
        Birth County: Harrison
        Gender: Male
        Father's Name: Louie Langlett
        Mother's Name: Olga Genin
        FHL Film Number: 847189

        U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
        Name: Fernand V Langlet
        County: Harrison
        State: West Virginia
        Birthplace: France
        Birth Date: 24 Mar 1887
        Race: Caucasian (White)
        =====
        Name: Louis Langlet
        County: Harrison
        State: West Virginia
        Birthplace: Belgium
        Birth Date: 19 May 1893
        Race: Caucasian (White)

        U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
        Name: Fernand Victor Langlet
        Birth Date: 24 Mar 1887
        Birth Place: France
        Residence: Harrison, West Virginia
        =====
        Name: Louis Langlet
        Birth Date: 19 May 1893
        Birth Place: Charlierois, Belgium
        Residence: Clarksburg, West Virginia

        NOTE: I did a lot of cut-n-paste here, and not much actually reading
        of the images - there is probably more information available on
        the images then just the information that I provided here.

        - Tom Knox

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Frere" <y.frere@...> wrote:

        > My name is Monica FRERE, J am French and I am searching for family LANGLAIS.
        > They arrived in 1904 and 1907
        > LANGLAIS euphrasie louise joseph born LEMPEREUR in 1868 in Lodelinsart
        > Belgium married with François LANGLAIS born 1867
        > children Victor born 1887, Louis 1894, Frederica 1897,Phena in 1903, and Léon born 1904
        > I know by history family, one daughter married David LEROY he was in the army 1945 he went in 1947 seeing family in France, he had 2 sons, and after nothing at all, perhaps in Virginia ?
        > and I would like knowing something more and I don't know how to search.
        > J hope help.
        > Thank you. Monique FRERE

      • Bloodhound; Kermit
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 29, 2012
          found at http://FindAGrave.com
          searching for partial surname LANGL
          in state WEST VIRGINIA county HARRISON

          Langlet, Euphries Lenpereur
          b. Nov. 18, 1868 d. May 2, 1943
          http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=91356080

          Francois Langlet
          Birth: Jan. 6, 1868, Belgium
          Death: Sep. 17, 1938
          http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=91355942

          Langlet, Josie Marie
          b. Mar. 11, 1929 d. Sep. 9, 1933
          Daughter of Leon Langlet & Velma Mayer Langlet
          http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=langl&GSpartial=1&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=52&GScnty=3080&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=91355647&df=all&

          - Tom Knox

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Frere" <y.frere@...> wrote:

          > My name is Monica FRERE, J am French and I am searching for family LANGLAIS.
          > They arrived in 1904 and 1907
          > LANGLAIS euphrasie louise joseph born LEMPEREUR in 1868 in Lodelinsart
          > Belgium married with François LANGLAIS born 1867
          > children Victor born 1887, Louis 1894, Frederica 1897,Phena in 1903, and Léon born 1904
          > I know by history family, one daughter married David LEROY he was in the army 1945 he went in 1947 seeing family in France, he had 2 sons, and after nothing at all, perhaps in Virginia ?
          > and I would like knowing something more and I don't know how to search.
          > J hope help.
          > Thank you. Monique FRERE

        • Roberta Baum
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 29, 2012
            Hello, Monica: I read your post about the Langlais name and I was very interested because I have that name in my family tree. I have not done any research on it, mostly because I don't know how to research in France. I was surprised to learn from some of the responders that they had lived in Clarksburg, Ritchie Co., WV since that is the location of many of my familThe Langlais name that I know of came from the Guernsey Channel Islands way back in the 1500's. I have no current information. Roberta Baum
            To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
            From: y.frere@...
            Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 06:51:35 +0000
            Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] HELLO everybody searching for family arrived en 1907 Elis Island "LANGLAIS"

            My name is Monica FRERE, J am French and I am searching for family LANGLAIS.

            They arrived in 1904 and 1907

            LANGLAIS euphrasie louise joseph born LEMPEREUR in 1868 in Lodelinsart

            Belgium married with Fran�ois LANGLAIS born 1867

            children Victor born 1887, Louis 1894, Frederica 1897,Phena in 1903, and L�on born 1904

            I know by history family, one daughter married David LEROY he was in the army 1945 he went in 1947 seeing family in France, he had 2 sons, and after nothing at all, perhaps in Virginia ?

            and I would like knowing something more and I don't know how to search.

            J hope help.

            Thank you. Monique FRERE

          • yves et monique frere
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 30, 2012
              Hello,
              Thanks, I am grateful to you for your help.
              So have a good day, like me, 12 years I searched for them, and now I hope to find their descendants.
              Monique de Menton

              --- In mailto:genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com, "Frere" <y.frere@...> wrote:

              > My name is Monica FRERE, J am French and I am searching for family LANGLAIS.
              > They arrived in 1904 and 1907
              > LANGLAIS euphrasie louise joseph born LEMPEREUR in 1868 in Lodelinsart
              > Belgium married with François LANGLAIS born 1867
              > children Victor born 1887, Louis 1894, Frederica 1897,Phena in 1903, and Léon born 1904
              > I know by history family, one daughter married David LEROY he was in the army 1945 he went in 1947 seeing family in France, he had 2 sons, and after nothing at all, perhaps in Virginia ?
              > and I would like knowing something more and I don't know how to search.
              > J hope help.
              > Thank you. Monique FRERE

            • yves et monique frere
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
                Hello,
                J am working, very happy with your help.
                If it is possible, can you look West Virginia, Birth index every name children from Henri LEROY and Fena LANGLET, please 1853 – 1969.
                ANd Marriages index LEROY Henry Jr and Fena LANGLET West Virginia possible.
                With hope and all my gratitude. Monique FRERE de Menton

                Thanks, I am grateful to you for your help.
                So have a good day, like me, 12 years I searched for them, and now I hope to find their descendants.
                Monique de Menton

                Daughter of Leon Langlet & Velma Mayer Langlet
                http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=langl&GSpartial=1&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=52&GScnty=3080&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=91355647&df=all&

                - Tom Knox

                --- In mailto:genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com, "Frere" <y.frere@...> wrote:

                > My name is Monica FRERE, J am French and I am searching for family LANGLAIS.
                > They arrived in 1904 and 1907
                > LANGLAIS euphrasie louise joseph born LEMPEREUR in 1868 in Lodelinsart
                > Belgium married with François LANGLAIS born 1867
                > children Victor born 1887, Louis 1894, Frederica 1897,Phena in 1903, and Léon born 1904
                > I know by history family, one daughter married David LEROY he was in the army 1945 he went in 1947 seeing family in France, he had 2 sons, and after nothing at all, perhaps in Virginia ?
                > and I would like knowing something more and I don't know how to search.
                > J hope help.
                > Thank you. Monique FRERE

              • yves et monique frere
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
                  Hello Roberta,
                  Nice to meet you, it's morning, ideas are clear. I understand the message
                  now, my english is old, school language, so excuse me if I make mistakes
                  by advance.
                  So you live in America and you need help, ok for me, I help you, tell me
                  what you need and I look for that, no problem.
                  So you read the messages, do you think you are of my family ? from LEROY
                  LANGLETT arrived from Belgium in 1907.
                  Tell me your history family, what you know and if you have grand mother and
                  more ask them, it is precious their memory.
                  I must leave you, now, I must go in Monaco seeing my daughter and my little
                  sons.
                  Bye. Monique FRERE see you later

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 5, 2012
                    includes all of the West Virginia Birth Index records for Henry LeRoy and Fena Langlett, and includes all of the West Virginia Marriage Index records for Henry LeRoy and Fena Langlett.

                    Francis Edmond Leroy (b.1923) married Mary Naomi Morgan (b.ca.1927)

                    Lillian Marion Leroy (b.1924) married Feranand Trigaux (b.ca.1925)

                    Social Security Death Index
                    Name: Francis Leroy
                    SSN: 233-30-6023
                    Born: 7 Feb 1923
                    Died: Sep 1975
                    State (Year) SSN issued: West Virginia (Before 1951)
                    ====
                    Name: Lillian M. Trigaux
                    SSN: 234-32-2291
                    Last Residence: 43537 Maumee, Lucas, Ohio, United States of America
                    Born: 10 Jun 1924
                    Last Benefit: 43537 Maumee, Lucas, Ohio, United States of America
                    Died: 28 Apr 1990
                    State (Year) SSN issued: West Virginia (Before 1951)
                    =====
                    Name: Feranand Trigaux
                    SSN: 236-28-1495
                    Born: 27 Jan 1924
                    Last Benefit: 43537 Maumee, Lucas, Ohio, United States of America
                    Died: Jun 1977
                    State (Year) SSN issued: West Virginia (Before 1951)

                    West Virginia, Births Index, 1853-1969
                    Name: Fernand Leon Trigaux
                    Birth Date: 27 Jan 1924
                    Birth Place: Salem, Harrison, West Virginia
                    Birth County: Harrison
                    Gender: Male
                    Father's Name: Alfred Trigaux
                    Mother's Name: Gabrillee Thibout
                    FHL Film Number: 847189

                    Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, & 1958-2007
                    Name: Lillian Marion Trigaux
                    [Lillian Marion Leroy]
                    Birth Date: 10 Jun 1924
                    Birth State: West Virginia
                    Birth Country: United States
                    Gender: Female
                    Race: White
                    Hispanic Origin: Not Hispanic (Latino)
                    Residence City: Maumee
                    Residence County: Lucas
                    Residence State: Ohio
                    Residence Country: United States
                    Death Date: 28 Apr 1990
                    Death Time: 02:00 PM
                    Hospital of Death: Home
                    City of Death: Maumee
                    County of Death: Lucas
                    Certificate: 029905
                    Age at Death: 65
                    Certifier: Coroner
                    Referred to Coroner: Referred to Coroner
                    Autopsy: No Autopsy performed
                    Filing Date: 7 May 1990
                    Hospital Status: Other/Residence
                    Injury in Ohio: Yes
                    Type Place of Injury: Unspecified Place
                    Social Security Number: 243-32-2291
                    Father's Surname: Leroy
                    Marital Status: Widowed
                    Education: 12
                    Industry of Decedent: Not specified retail trade
                    Occupation of Decedent: Sales workers, other commodities
                    Census Tract: 0712
                    Primary Registration District: 4802

                    Ohio, Birth Index, 1908-1964
                    Name: Victor F Trigaux
                    Birth Date: 23 Mar 1951
                    State File Number: 1951107657
                    Additional Information: Leroy
                    NOTE: This information is only from an index-database,
                    but there is a good chance that this is the son of
                    Feranand Trigaux and Lillian Marion Leroy .

                    Ohio Marriage Index, 1970, 1972-2007
                    Name: Victor Trigaux
                    Age: 25
                    Birth Year: abt 1951
                    Residence County: Fulton
                    Spouse's Name: Karen L Jefferds
                    Spouse's Age: 21
                    Spouse's Birth Year: abt 1955
                    Spouse's Residence County: Out Of State
                    Marriage Date: 11 Dec 1976
                    Marriage License County: Fulton
                    Cerificate Number: 90186
                    Volume Number: 8828

                    Find-A-Grave:
                    Trigaux, Fernan , b. 1924 d. Jun. 19, 1977
                    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=trigaux&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=37&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=42672196&df=all&
                    =====
                    Trigaux, Lillian Marion Leroy , b. Jun. 10, 1924 d. Apr. 28, 1990
                    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=trigaux&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=37&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=42672197&df=all&

                    - Tom Knox