Re: My JonesGenealogy Brickwall!!

  • Kathy
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 19, 2012
      Yes I am still looking!! I appreciate anything you have. I did DNA and found a Tate that I match!

      Kathy
      Sent from my iPhone
    • Sylvia
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 25, 2012
        Are your Tate's from the Ireland or England line? There are two lines who lived in Colonial America. On the Tate yDNA project they are from different haplogroups. I believe one is I1 and the other is R1b...

        Sylvia

      • sendshannonstuff@mail.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 28, 2012
          Kathy, are any of your Tate's from Mississippi?

        • Kathy P
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 29, 2012
            Here's my Tate line - what I have, anyway:
            James Tate 1638 - 1727 (Charles River, VA) and Elizabeth Dandridge
            James Tate 1662 - 1726 (Louisa County, VA) and Anne Upham
            Robert Tate 1691 - 1759 (Campbell County, VA), and Anne (last name unknown)
            James Tate 1718 - 1776 (Louisa County, VA) and Abigail (last name unknown)
            Uriah Tate 1746 - abt 1805 (Louisa County, VA) and Elizabeth Graves
            John Tate 1774 - 1820 (Elbert County, GA) and Sarah "Sally" Poindexter
            Genoa Tate 1802 - 1875 (Henry County, GA) and Micajah Jones
            Genoa and Micajah were my 2great grandparents

            I looked at the information I have on the siblings of my Tates and it looks like the mostly were in Virginia and Georgia.  I see a Jesse C. Tate, son of Uriah Tate and Elizabeth Graves, who died in Shelby County, TN. in 1840.  Another son, Enos C., died in Limestone Co., Alabama.

            Kathy
            Genealogists never die, they just lose their census.
            Visit my family history website: http://dutraporter.tribalpages.com/