Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Canada Research

  • lee taylor
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 19, 2012
      Sarah
      Taylor (1892-1922) moved to the Detroit area (from Canada) after the death of
      her husband who died in 1919. A family biography says, “Three years later Sarah
      died at work at the Ford Motor company.”  That would be 1922. No I don't know what month. She is NOT on the following genealogybank, Archives.com, Acceess Newspaper
      Archives, Familysearch, Hertiagequest, findagrave usa, findagrave Canada, or
      seeking Michigan.It appears allentries on Ancestry, are censuses and the Sarahs are
      with husbands.

      I find her buried with her parents not her husband Dufferin Taylor is buried in Black Bear Cemetery.
      Her father MAGILL, William (h/o Louisa South)

      Name Cemetery County Township Reference
      MAGILL, Anne C. (d/o William &Louise Magill) Bear Creek Presbyterian Lambton Moore LB-944-6
      MAGILL, James Bear Creek Presbyterian Lambton Moore LB-944-6
      MAGILL, Louisa (South) her mother  Bear Creek Presbyterian Lambton Moore LB-944-6
      MAGILL, Robert James (s/o William &Louisa Magill) Bear Creek Presbyterian Lambton Moore LB-944-6
      MAGILL, Sarah J. (30 yrs)  Bear Creek Presbyterian Lambton Moore LB-944-6
      MAGILL, Teresa B. (w/o William D. Sinclair) Bear Creek Presbyterian Lambton Moore LB-944-6
      MAGILL, William (h/o Louisa South)
      her father  Bear Creek Presbyterian Lambton Moore LB-944-6

      I would like a picture of her headstone and a death certificate. Please advise me of the cost of the certificate the last one I ordered was $50.00 I can longer afford those costs.
      Thank you for your assistances.
      Lee Taylor-Elliott

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 20, 2012
        My father's name was William James Marshall.  I have my parents marriage certificate.  Per that, my father was 38 (20 years older than my mother) on April 20th, 1948.  So I am guessing he was born in 1910.

        Per their marriage certificate, his father was William James Marshall and his mother was Mary Grayson.  He was a logging Engineer at L&M Logging Company in Spring Creek Logging Company at Harrison Lake BC at the time.

        My mother was born in Edmonton, Alberta to Archibald McCallum and Helen Atkinson.  I have a bunch of information on my grandmother and it is very interesting how she ended up in Canada as she was born in Niagara Falls, NY.

        Fran

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 20, 2012
          I forgot to mention that my father died in a boating accident in September 1959 in Egmont BC with my two brothers William Grafton (8) and Donald James (6).  The middle name Grafton apparently comes from a relative.  He had been divorced 3 times, had a daughter June who I met once and a son named Albert Pelkey who was raised in Saskatchewan.  He died in a car accident 8 years later in Saskatchewan.  He had 3 kids.  I don't remember their names.  I have not been able to track down anything on Al Pelkey either.

          My father had a relative who we called Mother Fowler and she always dressed in black.  That is about all I know.