Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Tate Families in America

  • Sylvia
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 19, 2012
      Yes, this is my Henry Tate married to Sarah Netherland. Since I first posted here, I have gone further into his genealogy. Parents of Henry Tate are Robert Tate and Ann Unknown//Next generation: James Tate and Anne Upham//Next generation: James Tate and possibly Elizabeth Dandridge//Next generation: James Tate and lastly William Tate. I don't have the last two Tates wives.

      It would be great to confirm my findings or make corrections if I have something listed in error.

      William Tate (1585 - )From Northumberland England
      is your 11th great grandfather
      James Tate (1615 - 1665)
      Son of William
      James Tate (1638 - )
      Son of James
      James Tate (1662 - 1727)
      Son of James
      Robert Tate (1691 - 1759)
      Son of James
      Henry Tate (1715 - 1793)
      Son of Robert
      Mary Tate (1733 - 1790)
      Daughter of Henry
      Rhoda Davis (1759 - 1843)
      Daughter of Mary
      George Abernathy (1786 - 1830)
      Son of Rhoda
      James Abernathy (1825 - 1909)
      Son of George
      William Whitfield Abernathy (1860 - 1923)
      Son of James
      Hettie Elmina Abernathy
      Daughter of William Whitfield
      Mother Patty (1909 - 2000)
      Daughter of Hettie Elmina
      Living Patty
      START person is Sylvia P. Simms, ME

      Sylvia

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dorncc1" <dorncc1@...> wrote:

      > Is this him?
      >
      > U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 about Henry Tate
      > Name: Henry Tate
      > Gender: Male
      > Birth Place: VA
      > Birth Year: 1712
      > Spouse Name: Sarah Netherland
      > Spouse
      > Birth Place: VA
      > Spouse Birth Year: 1715
      > Marriage
      > Year: 1732
      > Marriage State: VA
      > Number Pages: 1
      >
      > Family Data Collection - Individual Records about Henry Tate
      > Name: Henry Tate
      > Spouse: Sarah Elizabeth Netherland
      > Parents: Robert Tate Anne
      > Birth Place: New Kent, VA
      > Birth Date: 1712
      > Marriage Place: Louisa, VA
      > Marriage Date: 1738
      > Death Place: Russells Parish, New Kent, VA
      > Death Date: Sep 1793

    • Sylvia
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012
        @ "dorncc1" <dorncc1@...>

        Would you list you name and email address so I can cite you as a reference source? I have my tree on ancestry . com and working out kinships from DNA matches at two different companies. There is an In Common With list for my Tate match which we have found our common ancestor who is Henry Tate. It would help us to see where others fit in to the Tate family or not.

        Regards,
        Sylvia

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvia" <sylvia.cousin@...> wrote:

        > Yes, this is my Henry Tate married to Sarah Netherland. Since I first posted here, I have gone further into his genealogy. Parents of Henry Tate are Robert Tate and Ann Unknown//Next generation: James Tate and Anne Upham//Next generation: James Tate and possibly Elizabeth Dandridge//Next generation: James Tate and lastly William Tate. I don't have the last two Tates wives.
        >
        > It would be great to confirm my findings or make corrections if I have something listed in error.
        >
        > William Tate (1585 - )From Northumberland England
        > is your 11th great grandfather
        > James Tate (1615 - 1665)
        > Son of William
        > James Tate (1638 - )
        > Son of James
        > James Tate (1662 - 1727)
        > Son of James
        > Robert Tate (1691 - 1759)
        > Son of James
        > Henry Tate (1715 - 1793)
        > Son of Robert
        > Mary Tate (1733 - 1790)
        > Daughter of Henry
        > Rhoda Davis (1759 - 1843)
        > Daughter of Mary
        > George Abernathy (1786 - 1830)
        > Son of Rhoda
        > James Abernathy (1825 - 1909)
        > Son of George
        > William Whitfield Abernathy (1860 - 1923)
        > Son of James
        > Hettie Elmina Abernathy
        > Daughter of William Whitfield
        > Mother Patty (1909 - 2000)
        > Daughter of Hettie Elmina
        > Living Patty
        > START person is Sylvia P. Simms, ME
        >
        > Sylvia
        >
        > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dorncc1" <dorncc1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Is this him?
        > >
        > > U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 about Henry Tate
        > > Name: Henry Tate
        > > Gender: Male
        > > Birth Place: VA
        > > Birth Year: 1712
        > > Spouse Name: Sarah Netherland
        > > Spouse
        > > Birth Place: VA
        > > Spouse Birth Year: 1715
        > > Marriage
        > > Year: 1732
        > > Marriage State: VA
        > > Number Pages: 1
        > >
        > > Family Data Collection - Individual Records about Henry Tate
        > > Name: Henry Tate
        > > Spouse: Sarah Elizabeth Netherland
        > > Parents: Robert Tate Anne
        > > Birth Place: New Kent, VA
        > > Birth Date: 1712
        > > Marriage Place: Louisa, VA
        > > Marriage Date: 1738
        > > Death Place: Russells Parish, New Kent, VA
        > > Death Date: Sep 1793

      • Kathy
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 28, 2012
          Sylvia, this is my line also. I trace back to James Tate and Elizabeth dandridge (possible) but don't have anything further back.

          Kathy
          Sent from my iPhone
        • Sylvia
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 28, 2012
            Hi, Kathy
            I am glad to meet another Tate relative. You can be sure my ancestor chart is right as far as the Henry Tate/Saraj Netherland. The rest of that line is a working file.
            I have a FamilyFinder tested cousin who matches me on our common ancestor 6th ggf Henry Tate, etc. from both of our research. Let's keep in touch.

            Regards,
            Sylvia