Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Tate Families in America

  • dorncc1
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 14, 2012
      Is this him?

      U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 about Henry Tate
      Name: Henry Tate
      Gender: Male
      Birth Place: VA
      Birth Year: 1712
      Spouse Name: Sarah Netherland
      Spouse
      Birth Place: VA
      Spouse Birth Year: 1715
      Marriage
      Year: 1732
      Marriage State: VA
      Number Pages: 1

      Family Data Collection - Individual Records about Henry Tate
      Name: Henry Tate
      Spouse: Sarah Elizabeth Netherland
      Parents: Robert Tate Anne
      Birth Place: New Kent, VA
      Birth Date: 1712
      Marriage Place: Louisa, VA
      Marriage Date: 1738
      Death Place: Russells Parish, New Kent, VA
      Death Date: Sep 1793
    • dorncc1
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 14, 2012
        U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 about Henry Tate
        Name: Henry Tate
        Gender: Male
        Birth Place: VA
        Birth Year: 1712
        Spouse Name: Sarah Netherland
        Spouse
        Birth Place: VA
        Spouse Birth Year: 1715
        Marriage
        Year: 1732
        Marriage State: VA

        Family Data Collection - Individual Records about Sarah Elizabeth Netherland
        Name: Sarah Elizabeth Netherland
        Spouse: Henry Tate
        Parents: Robert Netherland
        Birth Place: New Kent Co, S Peters Parish, VA
        Birth Date: 1716
        Marriage Place: Louisa, VA
        Marriage Date: 1732
        Death Place: Lynchburg, Lynchburg, VA
        Death Date: 1802
      • dorncc1
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 14, 2012
          Henry is probably buried in St. Paul's Parish, VA. His occupation was that of a carpenter in New Kent Co., VA . On Feb 23, 1747 one Williams Price was apprenticed to Henry Tate. It is believed that Henry and Sarah lost 5 sons in the Revolutionary War. On March 24, 1755 they were residents of bedford, Co. VA where as a vestryman, he took the oath of allegiance to the King and Church of England. (Which side did they support?)

          James Sudarth (Suddarth) Geneology
          1653
          Suddarth/Sudduth of Scotland, and Stafford, Virginia
          Henry Suddarth b abt 1653, Scotland or England, d 1731, Overwharton Parish, Stafford, VA. He md Sarah Elzey abt 1677, daughter of Thomas Elzey and Jane Gregg. She was b 1656, Stafford, VA.Child of Henry Suddarth and Sarah Elzey was:
          James Suddarth b abt 1688, Overwharton Parish, Stafford, VA, d bef Jan 1753, Stafford, VA. He md Elizabeth (poss Travis) abt 1712, Stafford, VA. She was b abt 1692, Stafford, VA, d bef 1738, Overwharton Parish, Stafford, VA.Children of James Suddarth and Elizabeth were:
          William Suddarth b abt 1714.
          Thomas Suddarth b abt 1717, Overwharton Parish, Stafford, VA, d 28 Feb 1841.
          Mary Suddarth b abt 1720, Overwharton Parish, Stafford, VA; md Edmund Bolling 4 May 1744.
          James Suddarth b abt 1725, Overwharton Parish, Stafford, VA, d 1762, Amherst, VA.
          William Suddarth [a] b abt 1714, Overwharton Parish, Stafford, VA, d bef 5 Apr 1762, Amherst, VA. He md Partlow Mills abt 1738. She was b abt 1718, Stafford, VA, d bef 1761.Children of William Suddarth and Partlow Mills were:
          James Suddarth
          Elizabeth Suddarth; md Mr. Ray.
          Lawrence Suddarth, d 1815, Albemarle, VA; md Martha.
          Mary Suddarth.
          Sarah Suddarth; md Mr. Denny.
          William Suddarth.
          Agnes Suddarth; md Mr. Willoughby.
          Charity Suddarth b abt 1752.
          Charity Suddarth b abt 1752, of Amherst, VA, d aft 1786, Bedford, VA. She md Charles Tate abt 1772, son of Henry Tate and Sarah Netherland.
        • Sylvia
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 16, 2012
            It is on googlebooks here
            http://books.google.com/books/about/Tate_and_allied_families_of_the_South.html?id=dBZWAAAAMAAJ

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, sendshannonstuff@... wrote:

            > I don't know about this book. I don't have much on my TATE ancestors. If you find the book please tell me where I might find it. I'd like to see it. :)

          • Sylvia
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 19, 2012
              Yes, this is my Henry Tate married to Sarah Netherland. Since I first posted here, I have gone further into his genealogy. Parents of Henry Tate are Robert Tate and Ann Unknown//Next generation: James Tate and Anne Upham//Next generation: James Tate and possibly Elizabeth Dandridge//Next generation: James Tate and lastly William Tate. I don't have the last two Tates wives.

              It would be great to confirm my findings or make corrections if I have something listed in error.

              William Tate (1585 - )From Northumberland England
              is your 11th great grandfather
              James Tate (1615 - 1665)
              Son of William
              James Tate (1638 - )
              Son of James
              James Tate (1662 - 1727)
              Son of James
              Robert Tate (1691 - 1759)
              Son of James
              Henry Tate (1715 - 1793)
              Son of Robert
              Mary Tate (1733 - 1790)
              Daughter of Henry
              Rhoda Davis (1759 - 1843)
              Daughter of Mary
              George Abernathy (1786 - 1830)
              Son of Rhoda
              James Abernathy (1825 - 1909)
              Son of George
              William Whitfield Abernathy (1860 - 1923)
              Son of James
              Hettie Elmina Abernathy
              Daughter of William Whitfield
              Mother Patty (1909 - 2000)
              Daughter of Hettie Elmina
              Living Patty
              START person is Sylvia P. Simms, ME

              Sylvia

              --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dorncc1" <dorncc1@...> wrote:

              > Is this him?
              >
              > U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 about Henry Tate
              > Name: Henry Tate
              > Gender: Male
              > Birth Place: VA
              > Birth Year: 1712
              > Spouse Name: Sarah Netherland
              > Spouse
              > Birth Place: VA
              > Spouse Birth Year: 1715
              > Marriage
              > Year: 1732
              > Marriage State: VA
              > Number Pages: 1
              >
              > Family Data Collection - Individual Records about Henry Tate
              > Name: Henry Tate
              > Spouse: Sarah Elizabeth Netherland
              > Parents: Robert Tate Anne
              > Birth Place: New Kent, VA
              > Birth Date: 1712
              > Marriage Place: Louisa, VA
              > Marriage Date: 1738
              > Death Place: Russells Parish, New Kent, VA
              > Death Date: Sep 1793

            • Sylvia
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012
                @ "dorncc1" <dorncc1@...>

                Would you list you name and email address so I can cite you as a reference source? I have my tree on ancestry . com and working out kinships from DNA matches at two different companies. There is an In Common With list for my Tate match which we have found our common ancestor who is Henry Tate. It would help us to see where others fit in to the Tate family or not.

                Regards,
                Sylvia

                --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvia" <sylvia.cousin@...> wrote:

                > Yes, this is my Henry Tate married to Sarah Netherland. Since I first posted here, I have gone further into his genealogy. Parents of Henry Tate are Robert Tate and Ann Unknown//Next generation: James Tate and Anne Upham//Next generation: James Tate and possibly Elizabeth Dandridge//Next generation: James Tate and lastly William Tate. I don't have the last two Tates wives.
                >
                > It would be great to confirm my findings or make corrections if I have something listed in error.
                >
                > William Tate (1585 - )From Northumberland England
                > is your 11th great grandfather
                > James Tate (1615 - 1665)
                > Son of William
                > James Tate (1638 - )
                > Son of James
                > James Tate (1662 - 1727)
                > Son of James
                > Robert Tate (1691 - 1759)
                > Son of James
                > Henry Tate (1715 - 1793)
                > Son of Robert
                > Mary Tate (1733 - 1790)
                > Daughter of Henry
                > Rhoda Davis (1759 - 1843)
                > Daughter of Mary
                > George Abernathy (1786 - 1830)
                > Son of Rhoda
                > James Abernathy (1825 - 1909)
                > Son of George
                > William Whitfield Abernathy (1860 - 1923)
                > Son of James
                > Hettie Elmina Abernathy
                > Daughter of William Whitfield
                > Mother Patty (1909 - 2000)
                > Daughter of Hettie Elmina
                > Living Patty
                > START person is Sylvia P. Simms, ME
                >
                > Sylvia
                >
                > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dorncc1" <dorncc1@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Is this him?
                > >
                > > U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 about Henry Tate
                > > Name: Henry Tate
                > > Gender: Male
                > > Birth Place: VA
                > > Birth Year: 1712
                > > Spouse Name: Sarah Netherland
                > > Spouse
                > > Birth Place: VA
                > > Spouse Birth Year: 1715
                > > Marriage
                > > Year: 1732
                > > Marriage State: VA
                > > Number Pages: 1
                > >
                > > Family Data Collection - Individual Records about Henry Tate
                > > Name: Henry Tate
                > > Spouse: Sarah Elizabeth Netherland
                > > Parents: Robert Tate Anne
                > > Birth Place: New Kent, VA
                > > Birth Date: 1712
                > > Marriage Place: Louisa, VA
                > > Marriage Date: 1738
                > > Death Place: Russells Parish, New Kent, VA
                > > Death Date: Sep 1793

              • Kathy
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 28, 2012
                  Sylvia, this is my line also. I trace back to James Tate and Elizabeth dandridge (possible) but don't have anything further back.

                  Kathy
                  Sent from my iPhone
                • Sylvia
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 28, 2012
                    Hi, Kathy
                    I am glad to meet another Tate relative. You can be sure my ancestor chart is right as far as the Henry Tate/Saraj Netherland. The rest of that line is a working file.
                    I have a FamilyFinder tested cousin who matches me on our common ancestor 6th ggf Henry Tate, etc. from both of our research. Let's keep in touch.

                    Regards,
                    Sylvia