Re: [Genealogy Research Club] HI guys! need advice plz new plz be kind!

  • sendshannonstuff@mail.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 25, 2012
      Really? I have a Mary J Bowen.
      But she would have been much later. She was listed in the 1900 census as being a widow with 6 children/4 living. She was listed as living with her brother in AR and she would have been 32 abt the time. That should make her b abt 1868.
      She was married to a Bowen. I don't know his first name or where his family comes from. They were the parents of Anna (Annie) Pearl Bowen. I have seen this name vary it is also listed as Pearl Ann and Pearlie
      Does any of that match anything in your records?

      Family Lore says that Anna's parents were 'Creek' or maybe Cherokee depending on who you talk too. I haven't found any evidence of this yet. Thank you for responding!! Please let me know if you see anything that matches. :)

      I am very interested in this Anna P Bowen. -And can't find out a thing about her! haha. well. I'll keep trying.

    • sendshannonstuff@mail.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 25, 2012
        Thank you for posting that. I had found one of those. I had not seen the last one naming Jeff D Bowen. Hmm. I'll have to look into that. I do appreciate your help!! Are you a decendent? Just curious. If so I will share whatever information I do have. :)

      • sendshannonstuff@mail.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 25, 2012
          Yes I do. He was named James Madison Thompson but had a brother named James Monroe Thompson and I think a grandfather named James. So the brothers are found under their middle names later (after married).

          Someone here told me where to go to look at the "Dawes Rolls". I found Many many many James Thompsons. (some of the ages are very close) and I don't know what Milsurn or Miller/MillerA mean. I am unfamiliar with anything Indian -sad. I know. I wish this wasn't the case. I am lost in the Indian records. :(

        • dorncc1
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 14, 2012
            Is this your James? Wife Nancy sons James and Wllliam.
            There are lots of James Cannons. Do you have for info?

            --
            1900 > ARKANSAS > GREENE > JONES TWP

            Series: T623 Roll: 60 Page: 10

            Surname GivenName Age Sex Race Birthplace State County Location Year

            CANNON JAMES 51 M W OH AR GREENE JONES TWP 1900
          • sendshannonstuff@mail.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 14, 2012
              James Calvin Cannon. he was born 1849 and d 1900. legend says he was murdered by a man named Tate. I have been unable to find anything in the newspaper articles on this. I know he lived in Delaplaine. I will look into this. Thank you for all of your help. :)

            • Chris Emory
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 19, 2012
                Is this Delaplaine you mentioned in Virginia?

                Crystal
                www.lds.org
                Fiskateer #4543
                www.Civitan.org
                Charter member of the Local Waynesboro Area Civitan
                WWW.findagrave.com member #46792320
                Today you are you, that truer than true, there's no one alive
                who's youer than you. Dr. Seuss.

                To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
                From: sendshannonstuff@...
                Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 17:49:28 -0500
                Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: James Cannon

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 19, 2012
                  yes I believe it is.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 20, 2012
                    No. It was Arkansas. I apologize. I had listed that in an earlier post and should have included that information in this post as well.