RE: [Genealogy Research Club] Need some help with a tin type photo.

  • Sunny Shafer
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2012
      OCCASION:
      It looks like a backdrop to me. Common back then to dress the part and pose in front of a backdrop.

      YEAR:
      From what I've seen the swimsuits look 1880-1900 after (which they showed more skin).
      Check out by decades here http://www.chicagotribune.com/travel/virtualvacation/sns-pgc-bathing-suits-pictures,0,1613725.photogallery

      AGES:
      I'd say the girls are late teens early 20's, the guy 20-25.

      Sunny

      > To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      > From: cteagle5@...
      > Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 07:50:04 +0000
      > Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Need some help with a tin type photo.
      >
      > I need some help with a tin type photo I posted on our Facebook page this morning.
      >
      > 1) Approximately what year was the photo taken?
      >
      > 2) What was the occasion?
      >
      > 3) What are the ages of the people?
      >
      > http://on.fb.me/NR3yNK
      >
      > Your help is appreciated.

    • bob gillis
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17, 2012
        On 9/4/2012 5:34 PM, Sunny Shafer wrote:

        > OCCASION:
        > It looks like a backdrop to me. Common back then to dress the part and pose in front of a backdrop.
        >
        > YEAR:
        >>From what I've seen the swimsuits look 1880-1900 after (which they showed more skin).

        The picture in http://on.fb.me/NR3yNK is of a mother probably posed in
        a studio with her two daughters all dressed up. No swimsuits