Need some help with a tin type photo.

  • Poker Pro
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2012
      I need some help with a tin type photo I posted on our Facebook page this morning.

      1) Approximately what year was the photo taken?

      2) What was the occasion?

      3) What are the ages of the people?

      http://on.fb.me/NR3yNK

      Your help is appreciated.
    • Sunny Shafer
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2012
        OCCASION:
        It looks like a backdrop to me. Common back then to dress the part and pose in front of a backdrop.

        YEAR:
        From what I've seen the swimsuits look 1880-1900 after (which they showed more skin).
        Check out by decades here http://www.chicagotribune.com/travel/virtualvacation/sns-pgc-bathing-suits-pictures,0,1613725.photogallery

        AGES:
        I'd say the girls are late teens early 20's, the guy 20-25.

        Sunny

        > To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
        > From: cteagle5@...
        > Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 07:50:04 +0000
        > Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Need some help with a tin type photo.
        >
        > I need some help with a tin type photo I posted on our Facebook page this morning.
        >
        > 1) Approximately what year was the photo taken?
        >
        > 2) What was the occasion?
        >
        > 3) What are the ages of the people?
        >
        > http://on.fb.me/NR3yNK
        >
        > Your help is appreciated.

      • bob gillis
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 17, 2012
          On 9/4/2012 5:34 PM, Sunny Shafer wrote:

          > OCCASION:
          > It looks like a backdrop to me. Common back then to dress the part and pose in front of a backdrop.
          >
          > YEAR:
          >>From what I've seen the swimsuits look 1880-1900 after (which they showed more skin).

          The picture in http://on.fb.me/NR3yNK is of a mother probably posed in
          a studio with her two daughters all dressed up. No swimsuits