Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Rachel

  • bob gillis
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2012
      Lori and Rachel PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE SUBJECT. Rachel Mayfield wrote
      with a subject of Where to locate additional information following on
      her queries about Baumdraher/Baumdraker. who were located in Michigan.

      Lori did quote Rachel's mesage but is is so far down in her reply with
      her tree file. It does not show unless the reader scrolls way. down. It
      is better to bottom reply in a case like this; and not put in a tree
      file unless it applies to the reply

      bob gillis

      On 8/27/2012 12:11 PM, Lori Hilty wrote:
      > Hi Rachel, I don't know the area you are looking for info on your ancestors,
      > but I know our Historical Society in Indiana, PA has a wonderful library
      > collection. I found out that one of my great grandmothers was a seamstress.
      > I'm like you and would love to have more than just the facts. Especially on
      > my Wagner's and Brilharts.
      >
      > Also check out Amazon. I know they sell tons of books. For example they
      > have "Brilhart's of America" and it contained a lot of my ancestors and even
      > some dates.
      >
      > Hope this helps
      >
      > Lori
      >

      > My Family Tree
      >
      > Brilhart, Wagner, Penrose, Carnahan
      >
      > Walbeck, Walker, Rupert, Kostelec
      >
      > Rearick, Sides, Seitz, Cline, Mock
      >
      > Donahue, McGranahan & more.
      >
      > Most setteled in:
      >
      > Indiana Co. & Armstrong Co. PA.

    • Sunny Shafer
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2012
        (not snipping this one other than Yahoo's messages since I am referring to form of post Bob is referring to)

        I'm just one but I for one disagree abt the form of the post, I always scroll to bottom to see original.
        And the tree was her tag, it belongs under her name. If at bottom I'd have (wrongly) assumed it was Rachel's.
        I like peoples surnames as tags, it allows me to find others searching my own names, especially my brick walls
        where I amy find new avenues to research. As i peruse her response I find it easy to follow. No problem.

        Sunny