Dionne help please

  • enola
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25, 2012
      I was hoping someone had some info on the Dionne family I am trying to make a family tree for my grandsons but seeing my dad kept us away from my mom's side I know little info from that side of the family I know my grandfather Joseph Ann Dionne an his dad was Eugene Charles Dionne thier family came here by the Hudson river an from what my aunt said all
      dionne's are connect cause of the two that settled near the hudson in 1722 an they had two sons now I am trying to figure out which brother an how the crow an blackfoot indains ending up in the mix so if anyone knows anyting thanks in advance
      Michelle
    • Bloodhound; Kermit
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 26, 2012
        You really didn't give much detail.
        What information are you looking for,
        and what information do you already have?

        1920 Lawrence Ward 6, Essex, Massachusetts
        Dionne, Eugene, head 30 married born Canada:Can:Can imm:1900?
        (), Aurora/27:Can:Can:Can, Joseph/3:MA:Can:Can, Lucile/8:MA:Can:Can
        NOTE: "Can" is specifically "Canada French"

        1900 Lawrence Ward 5, Essex, Massachusetts
        Dionne, Charles/49/b:Apr1851/Quarryman, Alphonse/45/b:Feb1855,
        - married 24 yrs, 10 children 7 living
        (), Emile/22/machinist, Ernest/20/spinner, Emma/19, George/16,
        (), Eugene/11/b:Jan1889, Alex/9, Willie/6:MA
        NOTE: all are born "Canada French" (imm:1891) except Willie

        U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
        Name: Eugene Dionne
        Address: 368 Market, Lawrence, Essex, Massachusetts
        Birthplace: River de Laux, Canada
        Birth Date: 23 Jan 1889
        Insurance Agent, Wife, 1 child

        U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
        Name: Eugene Dionne
        Birth Date: 23 Jan 1889
        Birth Place: Caconna, Canada
        Residence: Essex, Massachusetts
        Relative: Mrs. Virginia Dionne, wife, 366 Market St.

        Massachusetts Death Index, 1970-2003
        Name: Joseph A Dionne
        Certificate: 044447
        Death Place: Lawrence
        Death Date: 23 Sep 1980
        Birth Place: Massachusetts
        Birth Date: 6 Mar 1917

        Trees found at Ancestry.com and Rootsweb.com :
        Joseph Ann DIONNE (1917-1980)
        Ancestry.com Public Member Tree (323 people in tree)
        http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/3058329/person/-1781139015?ssrc=
        RootsWeb.com WorldConnect Tree (17 people in tree)
        http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1575440&id=I86913586
        ==
        joseph ann dionne
        Birth 16 march, 1917 in Lawrence, , Massachusetts
        Death september, 1980 in Lawrence, , Massachusetts
        Married: theresa houle ( - 2008 )
        ==
        Father: eugene charles dionne
        Birth 22 january, 1889 in St George Canuna, , Saskatchewan, Canada
        Death 07 feb 1985 in port charlotte, charlotte, FL
        Married: aurora pelleran 1892 – 1924
        ==
        Father: Charles Eugene Dionne
        Birth 1851 in ,,,Canada
        Death 1933 in Lawrence,,Massachusetts
        Married: Alphonsine Langlois 1854 – 1914

        - Tom Knox

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "enola" <enola1692@...> wrote:

        > I was hoping someone had some info on the Dionne family I am trying to make a family tree for my grandsons but seeing my dad kept us away from my mom's side I know little info from that side of the family I know my grandfather Joseph Ann Dionne an his dad was Eugene Charles Dionne thier family came here by the Hudson river an from what my aunt said all dionne's are connect cause of the two that settled near the hudson in 1722 an they had two sons now I am trying to figure out which brother an how the crow an blackfoot indains ending up in the mix so if anyone knows anyting thanks in advance
        > Michelle
      • enola Callaway
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27, 2012
          Wow I you got them Aurora was my great grandmother that died having her 4th child they say she was really young early 20s thank you so much going to check out the tree now ,I don't have to much in fo to give my dad move my brothers an I to florida an didnt want to keep in touch with my mom's side oreven his side of the famly an he thinks doing a family tree is a waste of time cause they are no longer here but being a history nut I love looking an seeing what I can find I do know from my mom the Dionne Quints are her 2nd cousins an that according my great uncle who was trying to fill me in about our family tree before he passed that my Great grandfather Eugene Charles Dionne  was born in Canada on an Indian reservationwas the 14th out of 16 children he married Auroa an when she died in child birth he remarried a year later to the woman that my mom called nana but Eugene had 3 children Joseph Ann Dionne, Lillan   an Lucien an of course the child that
          died with his mom I know not much to go on Thank you so much for your help because by me as my dad says wasteing my time with the family tree i did find family I didn't know I had an am slowly reconnecting an also made the connection to some health issues my brother an I have

             Enola

          ________________________________
> [...]

          Father: Charles Eugene Dionne
          Birth 1851 in ,,,Canada
          Death 1933 in Lawrence,,Massachusetts
          Married: Alphonsine Langlois 1854 – 1914

          - Tom Knox

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "enola" <enola1692@...> wrote:

          > I was hoping someone had some info on the Dionne family I am trying to make a family tree for my grandsons but seeing my dad kept us away from my mom's side I know little info from that side of the family I know my grandfather Joseph Ann Dionne an his dad was Eugene Charles Dionne thier family came here by the Hudson river an from what my aunt said all dionne's are connect cause of the two that settled near the hudson in 1722 an they had two sons now I am trying to figure out which brother an how the crow an blackfoot indains ending up in the mix so if anyone knows anyting thanks in advance

        • Bloodhound; Kermit
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 28, 2012
            1930 Lawrence, Essex, MA - 368 Market St
            Dionne, Eugene/41:Can/imm:1890/InsAgent, Virginia/35:Can/imm:1906
            (), Joseph E/13:MA, Lucian/8:MA, Lucile/10:MA

            1940 Lawrence, Essex, MA - 368 Market St
            Dionne, Eugene/61, Virginia/45, Lucille/20, Lucien/18
            NOTE: in "same house" in 1935

            U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989
            Eugene Dionne 1913 Lawrence, MA
            Eugene Dionne 1914 Lawrence, MA
            Eugene Dionne 1914 Lawrence, MA
            Eugene Dionne 1914 Haverhill, MA
            Eugene Dionne 1915 Haverhill, MA
            Eugene Dionne 1915 Lowell, MA
            Eugene Dionne 1916 Haverhill, MA
            Eugene Dionne 1916 Lawrence, MA Aurore Dionne
            Eugene Dionne 1917 Lowell, MA
            Eugene Dionne 1917 Haverhill, MA
            Eugene Dionne 1919 Haverhill, MA
            Eugene Dionne 1919 Lawrence, MA Aurore Dionne
            Eugene Dionne 1920 Haverhill, MA
            Eugene Dionne 1920 Lawrence, MA Aurore Dionne
            Eugene Dionne 1921 Lawrence, MA Aurore Dionne
            Eugene Dionne 1922 Lawrence, MA Aurore Dionne
            Eugene Dionne 1923 Lawrence, MA
            Eugene Dionne 1924 Lawrence, MA Aurore Dionne
            Eugene Dionne 1925 Lawrence, MA
            Eugene J Dionne 1927 New Bedford, MA
            Eugene Dionne 1927 Lawrence, MA Virginie Dionne
            Eugene Dionne 1928 Lawrence, MA Virginie Dionne
            Eugene Dionne 1929 Lawrence, MA Virginia Dionne
            Eugene Dionne 1930 New Bedford, MA
            Eugene Dionne 1930 Lawrence, MA Virginia Dionne
            Eugene H Dionne 1931 New Bedford, MA
            Eugene L Dionne 1931 Worcester, MA
            Eugene Dionne 1931 Lawrence, MA Virginia Dionne
            Eugene Dionne 1932 Lawrence, MA Virginia Dionne
            Eugene Dionne 1934 Lawrence, MA Virginia Dionne
            Eugene Dionne 1935 Lawrence, MA Virginia Dionne
            NOTE: apparently, there is more than one EUGENE DIONNE
            NOTE: you can also find CHARLES DIONNE in the city directories

            Florida Death Index, 1877-1998
            Name: Eugene Charles Dionne
            Death Date: 8 Feb 1985
            County of Death: Charlotte
            State of Death: Florida
            Age at Death: 96
            Race: White
            Birth Date: 22 Jan 1889

            1920 Lawrence Ward 5, Essex, Massachusetts
            Bernier, Osca/39:Can/imm:1891, Emma/40:Can/imm:1891,
            (), Paul/2:MA, Roland/4m:MA
            Dionne, Charles/68:Can/father-in-law/imm:1891/widowed,
            (), William/26:MA/brother-in-law

            1930 Lawrence, Essex, Massachusetts
            Bernier, Oscar J/49, Emma/50, Paul E/12, Roland W/10, Jeanette/6
            Dionne, Charles 78:Canada/father/widowed/imm:1890
            NOTE: "father" should probably be "father-in-law"

            Massachusetts, Town Records, 1620-1988
            Name: William Dionne
            Birth Date: 15 Dec 1893 - Event Type: Birth
            Event City: Lawrence
            Father Name: Charles Dionne
            Mother Name: Alphonsine

            - Tom Knox