RE: [Genealogy Research Club] Paul Family Search...

  • Herman Paul
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 22, 2012
      Thanks for the reply Sunny, so far to my knowledge I have none in Utah, now I may have
      in Penn., that I haven't found yet...not sure if mine came to Ky. from the North, or from the
      East...

      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      From: circa_1948@...
      Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 13:20:51 -0700
      Subject: RE: [Genealogy Research Club] Paul Family Search...

      I have a few Pauls but they are in Pennsylvania and Utah.

      If you have any in those states let me know first names.

      Sunny

      IBSSG

      > On 8/13/2012 12:03 AM, HermanP wrote:

      > > I'm new on here so "Hello Everyone"...from the Missouri Ozarks,

      > > Phelps Co. Missouri.

      > > I've been searching for my Paul Family name for a few years now and

      > > hit a wall, in KY...it went well until I got to (John Paul and wife

      > > Susannah DeMoss), in Bracken Co. KY...John Paul was born abt

      > > 1805+/-...he was my 2nd G Grandfather. One of his son's MY G

      > > Grandfather, (James Paul was born 1835 in Bracken Co. KY.)...he and

      > > his wife (Caroline (Leming) Paul), left KY. between 1870 and 1880,

      > > they ended up in Lawrence Co. Ark., where they owned around 300 acres

      > > of land near the Black River. James fought in the Civil War and was

      > > wounded in the Battle of Opequan, Virginia, and never fully recovered

      > > from his wounds. He died in 1884 there in Ark., and my G Grandmother

      > > and their children came to Phelps Co. MO...and that's where I

      > > sit...now I doubt that any of you have a magic wand, but I would

      > > appreciate ANY HELP!...and if I can be of help for someone needing

      > > info from here in Phelps Co. MO...I'd be glad to do it...

    • Herman Paul
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 22, 2012
        Thanks for the reply Bob, well I just haven't left a trail or any messages very many places
        as of yet. Not really sure how yet, have tried a few but couldn't get them to accept them, or
        I didn't understand how to do it...I appreciate the tip, I'll do that...I'm wondering if I'm onto
        some Native American's in the line and they hide their selves really well...Thanks...the main info
        that I'm looking for is the parents of (John Paul)...born (1805?) in KY. or Vir., he married
        Susannah DeMoss Aug.7, 1833 in Bracken Co. Ky.,...I saw somewhere that they both died
        around 1850, so that is a clue there too...

        To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
        From: robertgillis@...
        Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 08:04:32 -0400

        On 8/13/2012 12:03 AM, HermanP wrote:

        > I'm new on here so "Hello Everyone"...from the Missouri Ozarks,

        > Phelps Co. Missouri.

        > I've been searching for my Paul Family name for a few years now and

        > hit a wall, in KY...it went well until I got to (John Paul and wife

        > Susannah DeMoss), in Bracken Co. KY...John Paul was born abt

        > 1805+/-...he was my 2nd G Grandfather. One of his son's MY G

        > Grandfather, (James Paul was born 1835 in Bracken Co. KY.)...he and

        > his wife (Caroline (Leming) Paul), left KY. between 1870 and 1880,

        > they ended up in Lawrence Co. Ark., where they owned around 300 acres

        > of land near the Black River. James fought in the Civil War and was

        > wounded in the Battle of Opequan, Virginia, and never fully recovered

        > from his wounds. He died in 1884 there in Ark., and my G Grandmother

        > and their children came to Phelps Co. MO...and that's where I

        > sit...now I doubt that any of you have a magic wand, but I would

        > appreciate ANY HELP!...and if I can be of help for someone needing

        > info from here in Phelps Co. MO...I'd be glad to do it...

        What specific information are you looking for?

        I find no messages from you on the KYBRAKE or any other rootsweb list or

        the Bracken Message Board searching for you address, Paul and surname Paul

        On familysearch.org I found the marriage bond between John Paul and

        Sarah Demoss

        Get some genealogy book from your library system and try to find this one

        The family tree problem solver : tried-and-true tactics for tracing

        elusive ancestors

        by Rising, Marsha Hoffman, 1945-

        ... tactics for tracing elusive ancestors / Marsha Hoffman Rising. ...

        Publisher, Date: Cincinnati, Ohio : Family Tree Books, c2011.

        bob gillis