Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Hi all :)

  • barbara erickson
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 22, 2012
      Hi Letha, here is a web site that can help you in many ways...and it's Free.  www.cyndislist.com   I found that it was easy to download the 31 member chart to look for family, you may need to make lots of copies. the LDS web site  www.familysearch.org  is also free. As you find someone fill out the chart with them and just go backwards in that family. Another thing that helps is getting binders and sheet protectors. That way the papers don't get dirty or torn. I have Ancestry so is you need help I will be glad to, just email me names, birth, death dates and a state. I have started with just names and found some people.

      Happy digging, Barb

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 22, 2012
        On 8/21/2012 11:29 PM, Somebunny wrote:
        > ?I am also new to genealogy, I'm a little bit overwhelmed and also
        > frustrated.

        Get several recent books from your library system and read them

        If you do not have one get a genealogy data base program

        > Seems like every time I turn around I need to pay for another site
        > or they won't show you any information. I have also decided that
        > the Mormon with multiple wives are a pain :)

        Are you searching for LDS members? if not the polygamy practice should
        not affect you

        > I am located in Butte MT but also get to Missoula, Bozeman, Helena,
        > Dillon and Billings for work occasionally if any one needs anything
        > from those towns.

        I do all my work from home using mainly familysearch.org. Usually the
        transcription gives me the info I need If I need to see the image I ask
        for lookup on the rootsweb list for county. Many public libraries have
        Ancestry or Heritage Quest subscription

        You can view any record found on familysearch.org at a Family History
        Center.
        The Butte FHC is at 1351 Mt Highland Dr BUTTE, MONTANA 59701 UNITED STATES
        406-494-2413

        bob gillis
      • Roberta Baum
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 22, 2012
          Hello, Barb: Is your offer open to all? I need help to find an obituary for someone. Roberta Baum
          To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
          From: berickson49@...
          Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:42:44 -0700
          Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Hi all :)

          From: Somebunny <SomeBunnyBlue@...>

          To: "genealogyresearchclub" <genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com>

          Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2012, 11:29 PM

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 24, 2012
            Roberta, I will be glad to help, if I can. Please send me info and I will see what I can find,  Barb

            From: berickson49@...

            Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:42:44 -0700

            From: Somebunny <SomeBunnyBlue@...>

            To: "genealogyresearchclub" <genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com>

            Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2012, 11:29 PM

            ?I am also new to genealogy, I'm a little bit overwhelmed and also frustrated. Seems like every time I turn around I need to pay for another site or they won't show you any information. I have also decided that the Mormon with multiple wives are a pain :) I am located in Butte MT but also get to Missoula, Bozeman, Helena, Dillon and Billings for work occasionally if any one needs anything from those towns.

            Letha

          • Somebunny
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 24, 2012
              Thanks Barb, it sounds like a good tip. I also have Ancestry, so I'm good
              for now.