RE: [Genealogy Research Club] elijah washington baker

  • Michele L. Epps
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2012
      If you are talking about Elijah W Baker of Co B 58th North Carolina Infantry
      I have seen his service record. The last card states that he was missing in
      action July 22, 1863, a prisoner of war. New River Notes has that he was
      "listed as MIA at Mount Zion Church, GA on 6/22/1864 (apparently KIA)". The
      last rank I can see for him is 1st Sgt. Michele

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 24, 2012
        This is (probably) the wrong Elijah Baker...(maybe one of his children is the one your looking for)...I have Baker's in my tree, and two Elijah Baker's, one was in the civil war...he was born in May 31, 1775 in Saratoga, NY.,wife's name was Lavinia White...he was captured in Philly, Tenn., 20, Oct. 1863, died of Dysentery in Andersonville prison, buried in Sandusky Co. Ohio, on April 4, 1864...I'm on Ancestry .com, so I'll look again and see if there's a child named Elijah...