Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Paul Family Search...

  • bob gillis
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 22, 2012
      On 8/13/2012 12:03 AM, HermanP wrote:
      > I'm new on here so "Hello Everyone"...from the Missouri Ozarks,
      > Phelps Co. Missouri.
      >
      > I've been searching for my Paul Family name for a few years now and
      > hit a wall, in KY...it went well until I got to (John Paul and wife
      > Susannah DeMoss), in Bracken Co. KY...John Paul was born abt
      > 1805+/-...he was my 2nd G Grandfather. One of his son's MY G
      > Grandfather, (James Paul was born 1835 in Bracken Co. KY.)...he and
      > his wife (Caroline (Leming) Paul), left KY. between 1870 and 1880,
      > they ended up in Lawrence Co. Ark., where they owned around 300 acres
      > of land near the Black River. James fought in the Civil War and was
      > wounded in the Battle of Opequan, Virginia, and never fully recovered
      > from his wounds. He died in 1884 there in Ark., and my G Grandmother
      > and their children came to Phelps Co. MO...and that's where I
      > sit...now I doubt that any of you have a magic wand, but I would
      > appreciate ANY HELP!...and if I can be of help for someone needing
      > info from here in Phelps Co. MO...I'd be glad to do it...

      What specific information are you looking for?

      I find no messages from you on the KYBRAKE or any other rootsweb list or
      the Bracken Message Board searching for you address, Paul and surname Paul

      On familysearch.org I found the marriage bond between John Paul and
      Sarah Demoss

      Get some genealogy book from your library system and try to find this one

      The family tree problem solver : tried-and-true tactics for tracing
      elusive ancestors
      by Rising, Marsha Hoffman, 1945-

      ... tactics for tracing elusive ancestors / Marsha Hoffman Rising. ...
      Publisher, Date: Cincinnati, Ohio : Family Tree Books, c2011.

      bob gillis
    • Sunny Shafer
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 22, 2012
        I have a few Pauls but they are in Pennsylvania and Utah.
        If you have any in those states let me know first names.

        Sunny
        IBSSG

        > On 8/13/2012 12:03 AM, HermanP wrote:
        > > I'm new on here so "Hello Everyone"...from the Missouri Ozarks,
        > > Phelps Co. Missouri.
        > >
        > > I've been searching for my Paul Family name for a few years now and
        > > hit a wall, in KY...it went well until I got to (John Paul and wife
        > > Susannah DeMoss), in Bracken Co. KY...John Paul was born abt
        > > 1805+/-...he was my 2nd G Grandfather. One of his son's MY G
        > > Grandfather, (James Paul was born 1835 in Bracken Co. KY.)...he and
        > > his wife (Caroline (Leming) Paul), left KY. between 1870 and 1880,
        > > they ended up in Lawrence Co. Ark., where they owned around 300 acres
        > > of land near the Black River. James fought in the Civil War and was
        > > wounded in the Battle of Opequan, Virginia, and never fully recovered
        > > from his wounds. He died in 1884 there in Ark., and my G Grandmother
        > > and their children came to Phelps Co. MO...and that's where I
        > > sit...now I doubt that any of you have a magic wand, but I would
        > > appreciate ANY HELP!...and if I can be of help for someone needing
        > > info from here in Phelps Co. MO...I'd be glad to do it...

      • Herman Paul
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 22, 2012
          Thanks for the reply Sunny, so far to my knowledge I have none in Utah, now I may have
          in Penn., that I haven't found yet...not sure if mine came to Ky. from the North, or from the
          East...

          To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
          From: circa_1948@...
          Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 13:20:51 -0700
          Subject: RE: [Genealogy Research Club] Paul Family Search...

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 22, 2012
            Thanks for the reply Bob, well I just haven't left a trail or any messages very many places
            as of yet. Not really sure how yet, have tried a few but couldn't get them to accept them, or
            I didn't understand how to do it...I appreciate the tip, I'll do that...I'm wondering if I'm onto
            some Native American's in the line and they hide their selves really well...Thanks...the main info
            that I'm looking for is the parents of (John Paul)...born (1805?) in KY. or Vir., he married
            Susannah DeMoss Aug.7, 1833 in Bracken Co. Ky.,...I saw somewhere that they both died
            around 1850, so that is a clue there too...

            To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
            From: robertgillis@...
            Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 08:04:32 -0400

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 22, 2012
              Oh Crystal, that might be a great help...I'm not really new at this but I could use a couple
              of good tips...I've found volumes on other lines of my family, but my own family name I've
              struck out big time. It might be they are Native Americans and they have hide themselves
              well...if you need more info let me know...thanks Crystal...

              To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
              From: daffymom@...
              Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 09:52:30 -0700

              We had 300 new books donated to the Oller House Historical Society recently and 2 of those books are Vol. 1 & 2, 400 Years of the Paul Family. I don't know what areas they cover but I will look. I am located in Franklin County, Pa.

              Crystal

              www.lds.org

              Fiskateer #4543

              www.Civitan.org

              Charter member of the Local Waynesboro Area Civitan

              WWW.findagrave.com member #46792320

              Today you are you, that truer than true, there's no one alive

              who's youer than you. Dr. Seuss.

              To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com

              From: spive333@...

              Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 04:03:10 +0000

[...]