elijah washington baker

  • sarah
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21 10:51 AM
      trying to find out when and where elijah washington baker died. we was a captain, confederate, during the civil war. married to delphy cox. in charge of rock creek division. may have died in georgia around 1864 in a battle, but dont know for sure. would love any info on his death, especially where he's buried. thanks
    • Michele L. Epps
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22 8:28 AM
        If you are talking about Elijah W Baker of Co B 58th North Carolina Infantry
        I have seen his service record. The last card states that he was missing in
        action July 22, 1863, a prisoner of war. New River Notes has that he was
        "listed as MIA at Mount Zion Church, GA on 6/22/1864 (apparently KIA)". The
        last rank I can see for him is 1st Sgt. Michele

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 24 9:25 PM
          This is (probably) the wrong Elijah Baker...(maybe one of his children is the one your looking for)...I have Baker's in my tree, and two Elijah Baker's, one was in the civil war...he was born in May 31, 1775 in Saratoga, NY.,wife's name was Lavinia White...he was captured in Philly, Tenn., 20, Oct. 1863, died of Dysentery in Andersonville prison, buried in Sandusky Co. Ohio, on April 4, 1864...I'm on Ancestry .com, so I'll look again and see if there's a child named Elijah...