Paul Family Search...

  • HermanP
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 12, 2012
      I'm new on here so "Hello Everyone"...from the Missouri Ozarks, Phelps Co. Missouri.

      I've been searching for my Paul Family name for a few years now and hit a wall, in KY...it went well until I got to (John Paul and wife Susannah DeMoss), in Bracken Co. KY...John Paul was born abt 1805+/-...he was my 2nd G Grandfather. One of his son's MY G Grandfather, (James Paul was born 1835 in Bracken Co. KY.)...he and his wife (Caroline (Leming) Paul), left KY. between 1870 and 1880, they ended up in Lawrence Co. Ark., where they owned around 300 acres of land near the Black River. James fought in the Civil War and was wounded in the Battle of Opequan, Virginia, and never fully recovered from his wounds. He died in 1884 there in Ark., and my G Grandmother and their children came to Phelps Co. MO...and that's where I sit...now I doubt that any of you have a magic wand, but I would appreciate ANY HELP!...and if I can be of help for someone needing info from here in Phelps Co. MO...I'd be glad to do it...
      Thanks
      HermanP...
    • Chris Emory
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 21, 2012
        We had 300 new books donated to the Oller House Historical Society recently and 2 of those books are Vol. 1 & 2, 400 Years of the Paul Family. I don't know what areas they cover but I will look. I am located in Franklin County, Pa.

        Crystal
        www.lds.org
        Fiskateer #4543
        www.Civitan.org
        Charter member of the Local Waynesboro Area Civitan
        WWW.findagrave.com member #46792320
        Today you are you, that truer than true, there's no one alive
        who's youer than you. Dr. Seuss.

        To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 22, 2012
          On 8/13/2012 12:03 AM, HermanP wrote:
          > I'm new on here so "Hello Everyone"...from the Missouri Ozarks,
          > Phelps Co. Missouri.
          >
          > I've been searching for my Paul Family name for a few years now and
          > hit a wall, in KY...it went well until I got to (John Paul and wife
          > Susannah DeMoss), in Bracken Co. KY...John Paul was born abt
          > 1805+/-...he was my 2nd G Grandfather. One of his son's MY G
          > Grandfather, (James Paul was born 1835 in Bracken Co. KY.)...he and
          > his wife (Caroline (Leming) Paul), left KY. between 1870 and 1880,
          > they ended up in Lawrence Co. Ark., where they owned around 300 acres
          > of land near the Black River. James fought in the Civil War and was
          > wounded in the Battle of Opequan, Virginia, and never fully recovered
          > from his wounds. He died in 1884 there in Ark., and my G Grandmother
          > and their children came to Phelps Co. MO...and that's where I
          > sit...now I doubt that any of you have a magic wand, but I would
          > appreciate ANY HELP!...and if I can be of help for someone needing
          > info from here in Phelps Co. MO...I'd be glad to do it...

          What specific information are you looking for?

          I find no messages from you on the KYBRAKE or any other rootsweb list or
          the Bracken Message Board searching for you address, Paul and surname Paul

          On familysearch.org I found the marriage bond between John Paul and
          Sarah Demoss

          Get some genealogy book from your library system and try to find this one

          The family tree problem solver : tried-and-true tactics for tracing
          elusive ancestors
          by Rising, Marsha Hoffman, 1945-

          ... tactics for tracing elusive ancestors / Marsha Hoffman Rising. ...
          Publisher, Date: Cincinnati, Ohio : Family Tree Books, c2011.

          bob gillis
        • Sunny Shafer
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 22, 2012
            I have a few Pauls but they are in Pennsylvania and Utah.
            If you have any in those states let me know first names.

            Sunny
            IBSSG

            > On 8/13/2012 12:03 AM, HermanP wrote:
            > > I'm new on here so "Hello Everyone"...from the Missouri Ozarks,
            > > Phelps Co. Missouri.
            > >
            > > I've been searching for my Paul Family name for a few years now and
            > > hit a wall, in KY...it went well until I got to (John Paul and wife
            > > Susannah DeMoss), in Bracken Co. KY...John Paul was born abt
            > > 1805+/-...he was my 2nd G Grandfather. One of his son's MY G
            > > Grandfather, (James Paul was born 1835 in Bracken Co. KY.)...he and
            > > his wife (Caroline (Leming) Paul), left KY. between 1870 and 1880,
            > > they ended up in Lawrence Co. Ark., where they owned around 300 acres
            > > of land near the Black River. James fought in the Civil War and was
            > > wounded in the Battle of Opequan, Virginia, and never fully recovered
            > > from his wounds. He died in 1884 there in Ark., and my G Grandmother
            > > and their children came to Phelps Co. MO...and that's where I
            > > sit...now I doubt that any of you have a magic wand, but I would
            > > appreciate ANY HELP!...and if I can be of help for someone needing
            > > info from here in Phelps Co. MO...I'd be glad to do it...

          • Herman Paul
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 22, 2012
              Thanks for the reply Sunny, so far to my knowledge I have none in Utah, now I may have
              in Penn., that I haven't found yet...not sure if mine came to Ky. from the North, or from the
              East...

              To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
              From: circa_1948@...
              Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 13:20:51 -0700
              Subject: RE: [Genealogy Research Club] Paul Family Search...

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 22, 2012
                Thanks for the reply Bob, well I just haven't left a trail or any messages very many places
                as of yet. Not really sure how yet, have tried a few but couldn't get them to accept them, or
                I didn't understand how to do it...I appreciate the tip, I'll do that...I'm wondering if I'm onto
                some Native American's in the line and they hide their selves really well...Thanks...the main info
                that I'm looking for is the parents of (John Paul)...born (1805?) in KY. or Vir., he married
                Susannah DeMoss Aug.7, 1833 in Bracken Co. Ky.,...I saw somewhere that they both died
                around 1850, so that is a clue there too...

                To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
                From: robertgillis@...
                Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 08:04:32 -0400

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 22, 2012
                  Oh Crystal, that might be a great help...I'm not really new at this but I could use a couple
                  of good tips...I've found volumes on other lines of my family, but my own family name I've
                  struck out big time. It might be they are Native Americans and they have hide themselves
                  well...if you need more info let me know...thanks Crystal...

                  To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com