Re: [Genealogy Research Club] looking for the Parents of Chrles F. Gibbs

  • bob gillis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2012
      On 7/7/2012 10:48 PM, jilla wrote:
      > Hello, I am still searching for the parent of Charles F. Gibbs,b.
      > 1814 in Clark co. Ky. moved to pike co, Il., then to pike co. mo. I
      > can find no info. on his parents marriage, or who they were. Thanks
      > for any help you might offer.

      I suggest that you get some recent books on genealogy including ones
      with the internet from your library system and read them.

      When writing a query briefly give all the information you have on the
      person: places and years; ages in those years. spouse's name and ages

      Look at all the Gibbs in the 1820 Census in Clark County, KY and
      surrounding counties Check out any that have males to age 10 and age 10
      - 16.

      In 1860 he was 36, born 1806, in 1900 born Dec 1813.
      Look for his marriage record

      I did not think FS had the 1820 Census on-line but searching for Gibbs
      in Clark County I find just one :

      Name: John Gibbs
      Event Place: Not Stated, Clark, Kentucky
      Page Number: 85
      NARA Publication Number: M33
      NARA Roll Number: 19
      Film Number: 0186179