looking for the Parents of Chrles F. Gibbs

  • jilla
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2012
      Hello, I am still searching for the parent of Charles F. Gibbs,b. 1814 in Clark co. Ky. moved to pike co, Il., then to pike co. mo. I can find no info. on his parents marriage, or who they were. Thanks for any help you might offer.
    • bob gillis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9, 2012
        On 7/7/2012 10:48 PM, jilla wrote:
        > Hello, I am still searching for the parent of Charles F. Gibbs,b.
        > 1814 in Clark co. Ky. moved to pike co, Il., then to pike co. mo. I
        > can find no info. on his parents marriage, or who they were. Thanks
        > for any help you might offer.

        I suggest that you get some recent books on genealogy including ones
        with the internet from your library system and read them.

        When writing a query briefly give all the information you have on the
        person: places and years; ages in those years. spouse's name and ages

        Look at all the Gibbs in the 1820 Census in Clark County, KY and
        surrounding counties Check out any that have males to age 10 and age 10
        - 16.

        In 1860 he was 36, born 1806, in 1900 born Dec 1813.
        Look for his marriage record

        I did not think FS had the 1820 Census on-line but searching for Gibbs
        in Clark County I find just one :

        Name: John Gibbs
        Event Place: Not Stated, Clark, Kentucky
        Page Number: 85
        NARA Publication Number: M33
        NARA Roll Number: 19
        Film Number: 0186179