Re: Family Tree Maker for Mac

  • John Ferman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2012
      Have you looked into Reunion?

      Sent from my iPad
      John Ferman
      Email in header

    • Barbwalsh49@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2012
        In May, my computer died and I bought a MAC. Had been using FTM on computer for a long time. With new MAC, bought FTM2 for MAC. Had difficulty downloading it. When I pulled up my current tree on the MAC, half the people were missing. All the people were in my tree on Ancestry, but I could only download half of it.

        Called Ancestry and they told me how to fix this - and it was going to be a nightmare to fix. I'm just adding folks back in slowly as I find them missing.

        Barbarian St.Louis Missouri

        Sent from my iPad

        On Jul 5, 2012, at 12:15 PM, John Ferman <johnwferman@...> wrote:

        > Have you looked into Reunion?
        >
        > Sent from my iPad
        > John Ferman
        > Email in header
        >
        > On Jul 5, 2012, at 4:41 AM, genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        >
        > > 3 Family Tree Maker for Mac software program
        > > Wed Jul 4, 2012 5:40 pm (PDT) . Posted by: "suzannermcrae" suzannermcrae Hi, I'm new here just signed up getting ready to get back into genealogy sometime this summer after a few years away from it.
        > >
        > > I have a question about genealogy program called Family Tree Maker. On my PC I had the FTM 2006... now I have a Mac laptop and would love to get the FTM version for Mac. I was thinking of FTM for Mac 2 since it's the newest version but the reviews are not great, lots of glitches and problems.
        > >
        > > Looking for any advice from anyone using Family Tree Maker on a Mac and how they like it vs the PC version.
        > >
        > > If someone switched from a PC version to a MAC were you able to transfer your entered information from FTM PC version to Mac version software with ease?
        > >
        > > Thank you,
        > > Suzanne

      • suzannermcrae
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2012
          Thank you for writing this, it confirms what I have been seeing for reviews online about the FTM for Mac 2. I'm not going with that one. It's so unfortunate that people are experiencing the issues you are having and having to go through all that work of adding in information as you find them.

          I'm working on a family book, 6+ generations I really need a program that's going to work well for me. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

          Suzanne