Re: [Genealogy Research Club]BAUMDRAHER/BAUMDRAKER, Charles was New to Group and have questions

  • bob gillis
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 5, 2012
      On 7/4/2012 7:04 PM, Rachel Mayfield wrote:
      > //I did reply, maybe yahoo ate it. here was my response: was able to
      > locate most of my info off of ancestry.com.The census was an
      > image,not a transcript. The birth and death information I was able to
      > locate through the cemetery in which they are buried.

      I had missed it

      Information on a grave stone is often very inaccurate. It was made
      many years after the events by people whose memory of them were wrong
      or had faded over the years. I assume the info was given by John or one
      of this children

      > All four of them are buried at Taylor Methodist Cemetery . in
      > Taylor,MI.

      > I have searched Mecklenburg immigration records and their names were
      > not on there, which does make me think they immigrated from another
      > part of Germany.

      Where did you find these Mecklenburg immigration records or do you mean
      emigration? If it was at
      http://www.immigrantgensoc.org/searches/imed/imed-ak.html their surname
      is not included.

      > I really would like to find out Lenas maiden name, and the names of
      > her parents. Also Christines parents names.I hope I didn't leave
      > anything out.

      bob gillis
    • Rachel Mayfield
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 12, 2012
        Thank you =) . I was able to find a John Helms on these records below,but
        when doing a birth record search for Christine Helms,I had at least 20 or
        more pop up from Germany. I dont think Christine was her first name, and I
        think her father may have been Johann instead of John.According to my
        research there are several John Helms or Johann Helms, so it is hard to
        inpoint which one he could be. I have hit a road block when trying to
        figure out her full name . I have been very unsuccesful when searching for
        immigration records as well. I am assuming, and i could be wrong, that her
        father immigrated with them in 1858. I cant locate a birth year or a yr of
        death for him,but it would help if I knew her full birth name.........

        --
        Blessings,
        <>< Rachel<><