Bartholomew (Batt) and Hanora Crean/Crehan County Kerry Ireland to Clermont Iowa

  • mg
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 4 5:46 PM
       They are buried in St. Peter's in Clermont...not sure when they arrived but they are in several censuses.  He apparnetly dug graves from time to time but was probably also a farm laborer. She is definitely from County Kerry..I think it is likely that he was too.  I never saw any children listed.  I don't have my records with me as they are on my broken computer...I believe he was born around 1830.

      His name was spelled different ways..Bart, Batt, Crean, Crehan Creehan.

      It is possible he might be related to my ggm Eliza Crehan, who came somehow to US as an orphan..we heard by herself and she never heard from family again, but a little death story about her says she was from County Kerry and came with relatives.  I suspect that she is related to Batt and they reunited in the 1870s or so...

      From looking at County Kerry records, a large number of Creans seemed to come from Annascoul..the famous explorer Tom Crean did.

      Any help would be appreciated.  mg

    • mg
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 4 5:46 PM
         They are buried in St. Peter's in Clermont...not sure when they arrived but they are in several censuses.  He apparnetly dug graves from time to time but was probably also a farm laborer. She is definitely from County Kerry..I think it is likely that he was too.  I never saw any children listed.  I don't have my records with me as they are on my broken computer...I believe he was born around 1830.

        His name was spelled different ways..Bart, Batt, Crean, Crehan Creehan.

        It is possible he might be related to my ggm Eliza Crehan, who came somehow to US as an orphan..we heard by herself and she never heard from family again, but a little death story about her says she was from County Kerry and came with relatives.  I suspect that she is related to Batt and they reunited in the 1870s or so...

        From looking at County Kerry records, a large number of Creans seemed to come from Annascoul..the famous explorer Tom Crean did.

        Any help would be appreciated.  mg