Family Tree Maker for Mac software program

  • suzannermcrae
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2012
      Hi, I'm new here just signed up getting ready to get back into genealogy sometime this summer after a few years away from it.

      I have a question about genealogy program called Family Tree Maker. On my PC I had the FTM 2006... now I have a Mac laptop and would love to get the FTM version for Mac. I was thinking of FTM for Mac 2 since it's the newest version but the reviews are not great, lots of glitches and problems.

      Looking for any advice from anyone using Family Tree Maker on a Mac and how they like it vs the PC version.

      If someone switched from a PC version to a MAC were you able to transfer your entered information from FTM PC version to Mac version software with ease?

      Thank you,
      Suzanne
    • Bill Steele
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2012
        Hi Suzanne:

        I used PAF and Ancestral Quest on a PC. When I migrated to a MAC I got FTM
        2010 for Mac. Works great so far. You may want to google FTM on Mac for
        the reviews. Best wishes. I would be interested to know which way you go
        on your selection. Feel free to email me directly.

        Best wishes ‹ Bill Steele
        From: suzannermcrae <suzanne2045mcrae@...>
        Date: Wednesday, July 4, 2012 5:09 PM
        To: <genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Family Tree Maker for Mac software
        program

        Hi, I'm new here just signed up getting ready to get back into genealogy
        sometime this summer after a few years away from it.

        I have a question about genealogy program called Family Tree Maker. On my PC
        I had the FTM 2006... now I have a Mac laptop and would love to get the FTM
        version for Mac. I was thinking of FTM for Mac 2 since it's the newest
        version but the reviews are not great, lots of glitches and problems.

        Looking for any advice from anyone using Family Tree Maker on a Mac and how
        they like it vs the PC version.

        If someone switched from a PC version to a MAC were you able to transfer
        your entered information from FTM PC version to Mac version software with
        ease?

        Thank you,
        Suzanne

      • Karen Minnemeyer
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 12, 2012
           I know I'm a little late on this topic but thought I'd pass on what I'm using.  I was a loyal Legacy user when I had a Windows computer.  I made the jump to Mac for the security and stability.  After trying several Mac genealogy programs I settled on MacFamily Tree.  It is exactly what I wanted and I was able to transfer all my data from Legacy to MacFamily Tree quickly and easily.  One of my favorite things about this program is the MacFamily Tree application for the iPhone and iPad.  All info can be synced so easily.  Now my data is truly mobile.  I have everything with me when I'm away from home.

          Karen

          Karen E. Minnemeyer
          kamiki1@...