Re: [Genealogy Research Club]BAUMDRAHER/BAUMDRAKER, Charles was New to Group and have questions

  • bob gillis
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 3, 2012
      On 6/29/2012 11:01 PM, Rachel Mayfield wrote:
      > I am looking for a Charles Baumdraher(possibly Baumdraker, Im thinking they
      > may have changed their name when they came to the US). He was born February
      > 15, 1829 in Mecklenburg, Germany.
      > m Christine Helms, who was born August 11,1829 in Mecklenburg as well
      > they had a son, John Charles Baumdraher, who was born 1858 in Mecklenburg.
      > They also had a daughter named Minnie
      > John married Lena(don't have last name), Lena was born in Mecklenburg
      > in March of 1862

      What is your source for Charles, Christina and John being born in
      Mecklenburg on those specific dates?

      What specific information are you looking for on Charles, Christina,
      John and Lena?

      At what site did you find Charles, Christine , John and Lena in the 1880
      Census? Did you look at the index,a transcript or the image.

      Searching the Castle Garden Arrivals records using
      http://www.stevemorse.org/ for c* Baumdr*,1840-1860 I get no results.

      The family could have immigrated through Canada; John and Lena could
      have been married in Germany

      While the 1880, 1910 and 1920 Census on familysearch say John was born
      in MI, I question it. I do not get a birth on FS for John Baumdaher or
      John, NSN.In the latter two Census the family name is spelled Baumdraher.

      > the entire family came to America and settled in the Romulus/Wayne County
      > area of Michigan. I am not sure when but I do know they were here in 1880
      >
      > I have searched all of the sites everyone has mentioned and come up with
      > nothing =(. I would appreciate any help you can give me =)

    • Rachel Mayfield
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 12, 2012
        Thank you =) . I was able to find a John Helms on these records below,but
        when doing a birth record search for Christine Helms,I had at least 20 or
        more pop up from Germany. I dont think Christine was her first name, and I
        think her father may have been Johann instead of John.According to my
        research there are several John Helms or Johann Helms, so it is hard to
        inpoint which one he could be. I have hit a road block when trying to
        figure out her full name . I have been very unsuccesful when searching for
        immigration records as well. I am assuming, and i could be wrong, that her
        father immigrated with them in 1858. I cant locate a birth year or a yr of
        death for him,but it would help if I knew her full birth name.........

        --
        Blessings,
        <>< Rachel<><