Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Samuel Remick

  • bob gillis
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2012
      My first suggestion is for Selena/Kelley to get some recent books on
      genealogy from her library system and read them. Be sure they include
      internet genealogy.

      Now that we have some indication of where he was. Eliot is a township
      and village NW of Kittery.

      Searching familysearch.org for Samuel Remick Any Event in Maineāˆš 1680
      -1750 I find in in "Maine, Births and Christenings, 1739-1900," these
      and and other records.

      Name: Samuel Remick
      Gender: Male
      Baptism/Christening Date:
      Baptism/Christening Place: Eliot, York County Maine
      Eliot, York County, Maine
      Birth Date: 28 May 1694
      Father's Name: Jacob Remick
      Mother's Name: Lydia

      There is a second Samuel:

      Name: Samuel Remick
      Baptism/Christening Date:
      Baptism/Christening Place: Eliot, York, Maine
      Birth Date: 09 May 1713
      Father's Name: Jacob Remick
      Mother's Name: Rebecca Sop...

      I also find that he had
      Name: Washington Remick
      Baptism/Christening Date:
      Baptism/Christening Place:
      Birth Date: 04 May 1798
      Father's Name: Samuel Remick
      Mother's Name: Annie Fernald

      Now search the MEYORK and REMICK lists and message boards and
      worldconnect on rootsweb.com If nothing comes up join the lists and ask
      there and on MBs.

      On 6/29/2012 9:31 PM, Selena wrote:
      > I should also mention he lived in the Kittery,Me area.
      >
      > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Selena" <selenadepp@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Greetings all,
      >> I am looking for info on Samuel Remick b.1694, mainly his wife, Elizabeth Mason m. 1717. I was under the impression his wife's name was Betsy, and saw some info that listed Elizabeth, so now I don't know.
      >>
      >> Kelley
    • Sunny Shafer
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2012
        Betsy is a nickname for Elizabeth.

        Sunny
        IBSSG

        > To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
        > From: selenadepp@...
        > Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 01:31:27 +0000
        > Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Samuel Remick
        >
        > I should also mention he lived in the Kittery,Me area.
        >
        > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Selena" <selenadepp@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Greetings all,
        > > I am looking for info on Samuel Remick b.1694, mainly his wife, Elizabeth Mason m. 1717. I was under the impression his wife's name was Betsy, and saw some info that listed Elizabeth, so now I don't know.
        > >
        > > Kelley

      • Angelee
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
          Betsy, Bets, Beth, Lizzy, Kizziah, Betty are just some of the nicknames for Elizabeth.