RE: [Genealogy Research Club] New to Group and have questions

  • Chris Emory
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 29, 2012
      I don't have near the volume of paperwork that you mention but I too would be interested in the answer to this question.

      Crystalwww.lds.orgFiskateer #4543www.Civitan.orgCharter member of the Local Waynesboro Area CivitanWWW.findagrave.com member #46792320Today you are you, that truer than true, there's no one alivewho's youer than you. Dr. Seuss.

      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      From: willkerkgen@...
      Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 02:42:50 -0700
      Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] New to Group and have questions

      I have been with this group for a bit but this is the first time I am in dire need of

      some sane suggestions.

      I was susing a genealogy computer program which was fine and gave me a place to

      put all the information. That is until the compueter crashed and it all departed to

      computer heaven. Fortunately, I kept most of the mateerial in paper copies. But even

      this has grown out of control. I now have five three inch noteblooks, four shopping bags

      filled with folders and my desk is overflowing.

      Can anyone suggest a filing system for keeping all this material. I thoough of a

      separate folder for each person but the volume of material would be horrendus. with

      multiple copies of the same census for just starters.

      Can anyone give me some suggestions/ My esearch has basically stopped so I wont

      copy more pages. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Many thanks in advance.

      Will Nieuwkerk (WillKerkGen@...)

    • Rachel Mayfield
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 12, 2012
        Thank you =) . I was able to find a John Helms on these records below,but
        when doing a birth record search for Christine Helms,I had at least 20 or
        more pop up from Germany. I dont think Christine was her first name, and I
        think her father may have been Johann instead of John.According to my
        research there are several John Helms or Johann Helms, so it is hard to
        inpoint which one he could be. I have hit a road block when trying to
        figure out her full name . I have been very unsuccesful when searching for
        immigration records as well. I am assuming, and i could be wrong, that her
        father immigrated with them in 1858. I cant locate a birth year or a yr of
        death for him,but it would help if I knew her full birth name.........

        --
        Blessings,
        <>< Rachel<><