Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Samuel Remick

  • bob gillis
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 29, 2012
      WHERE?

      On 6/29/2012 1:42 PM, Selena wrote:
      > Greetings all,
      > I am looking for info on Samuel Remick b.1694, mainly his wife, Elizabeth Mason m. 1717. I was under the impression his wife's name was Betsy, and saw some info that listed Elizabeth, so now I don't know.
      >
      > Kelley
    • Selena
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 29, 2012
        I should also mention he lived in the Kittery,Me area.

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Selena" <selenadepp@...> wrote:

        > Greetings all,
        > I am looking for info on Samuel Remick b.1694, mainly his wife, Elizabeth Mason m. 1717. I was under the impression his wife's name was Betsy, and saw some info that listed Elizabeth, so now I don't know.
        >
        > Kelley

      • bob gillis
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2012
          My first suggestion is for Selena/Kelley to get some recent books on
          genealogy from her library system and read them. Be sure they include
          internet genealogy.

          Now that we have some indication of where he was. Eliot is a township
          and village NW of Kittery.

          Searching familysearch.org for Samuel Remick Any Event in Maineāˆš 1680
          -1750 I find in in "Maine, Births and Christenings, 1739-1900," these
          and and other records.

          Name: Samuel Remick
          Gender: Male
          Baptism/Christening Date:
          Baptism/Christening Place: Eliot, York County Maine
          Eliot, York County, Maine
          Birth Date: 28 May 1694
          Father's Name: Jacob Remick
          Mother's Name: Lydia

          There is a second Samuel:

          Name: Samuel Remick
          Baptism/Christening Date:
          Baptism/Christening Place: Eliot, York, Maine
          Birth Date: 09 May 1713
          Father's Name: Jacob Remick
          Mother's Name: Rebecca Sop...

          I also find that he had
          Name: Washington Remick
          Baptism/Christening Date:
          Baptism/Christening Place:
          Birth Date: 04 May 1798
          Father's Name: Samuel Remick
          Mother's Name: Annie Fernald

          Now search the MEYORK and REMICK lists and message boards and
          worldconnect on rootsweb.com If nothing comes up join the lists and ask
          there and on MBs.

          On 6/29/2012 9:31 PM, Selena wrote:
          > I should also mention he lived in the Kittery,Me area.
          >
          > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Selena" <selenadepp@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Greetings all,
          >> I am looking for info on Samuel Remick b.1694, mainly his wife, Elizabeth Mason m. 1717. I was under the impression his wife's name was Betsy, and saw some info that listed Elizabeth, so now I don't know.
          >>
          >> Kelley
        • Sunny Shafer
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2012
            Betsy is a nickname for Elizabeth.

            Sunny
            IBSSG

            > To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
            > From: selenadepp@...
            > Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 01:31:27 +0000
            > Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Samuel Remick
            >
            > I should also mention he lived in the Kittery,Me area.
            >
            > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Selena" <selenadepp@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Greetings all,
            > > I am looking for info on Samuel Remick b.1694, mainly his wife, Elizabeth Mason m. 1717. I was under the impression his wife's name was Betsy, and saw some info that listed Elizabeth, so now I don't know.
            > >
            > > Kelley

          • Angelee
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
              Betsy, Bets, Beth, Lizzy, Kizziah, Betty are just some of the nicknames for Elizabeth.