Samuel Remick

  • Selena
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 29, 2012
      Greetings all,
      I am looking for info on Samuel Remick b.1694, mainly his wife, Elizabeth Mason m. 1717. I was under the impression his wife's name was Betsy, and saw some info that listed Elizabeth, so now I don't know.

      Kelley
    • bob gillis
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 29, 2012
        WHERE?

        On 6/29/2012 1:42 PM, Selena wrote:
        > Greetings all,
        > I am looking for info on Samuel Remick b.1694, mainly his wife, Elizabeth Mason m. 1717. I was under the impression his wife's name was Betsy, and saw some info that listed Elizabeth, so now I don't know.
        >
        > Kelley
      • Brenda D
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 29, 2012
          Isn't Betsy a nickname for Elizabeth?

          Brenda

          --
          Researching these surnames: BATTLE(S), BONAR/BONER/BONNER, BRUNS, CARSTENSEN, CABLE/CRABLE, FEAKINS, FOKKEN/FOLKEN, HEERTS, JEBE, JUNKER, MEGGERS, MORSE, PRATT, THIESEN, UHLENHOPP, WEBSTER, and WESSELS.

        • Selena
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 29, 2012
            I should also mention he lived in the Kittery,Me area.

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Selena" <selenadepp@...> wrote:

            > Greetings all,
            > I am looking for info on Samuel Remick b.1694, mainly his wife, Elizabeth Mason m. 1717. I was under the impression his wife's name was Betsy, and saw some info that listed Elizabeth, so now I don't know.
            >
            > Kelley

          • bob gillis
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2, 2012
              My first suggestion is for Selena/Kelley to get some recent books on
              genealogy from her library system and read them. Be sure they include
              internet genealogy.

              Now that we have some indication of where he was. Eliot is a township
              and village NW of Kittery.

              Searching familysearch.org for Samuel Remick Any Event in Maineāˆš 1680
              -1750 I find in in "Maine, Births and Christenings, 1739-1900," these
              and and other records.

              Name: Samuel Remick
              Gender: Male
              Baptism/Christening Date:
              Baptism/Christening Place: Eliot, York County Maine
              Eliot, York County, Maine
              Birth Date: 28 May 1694
              Father's Name: Jacob Remick
              Mother's Name: Lydia

              There is a second Samuel:

              Name: Samuel Remick
              Baptism/Christening Date:
              Baptism/Christening Place: Eliot, York, Maine
              Birth Date: 09 May 1713
              Father's Name: Jacob Remick
              Mother's Name: Rebecca Sop...

              I also find that he had
              Name: Washington Remick
              Baptism/Christening Date:
              Baptism/Christening Place:
              Birth Date: 04 May 1798
              Father's Name: Samuel Remick
              Mother's Name: Annie Fernald

              Now search the MEYORK and REMICK lists and message boards and
              worldconnect on rootsweb.com If nothing comes up join the lists and ask
              there and on MBs.

              On 6/29/2012 9:31 PM, Selena wrote:
              > I should also mention he lived in the Kittery,Me area.
              >
              > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Selena" <selenadepp@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Greetings all,
              >> I am looking for info on Samuel Remick b.1694, mainly his wife, Elizabeth Mason m. 1717. I was under the impression his wife's name was Betsy, and saw some info that listed Elizabeth, so now I don't know.
              >>
              >> Kelley
            • Sunny Shafer
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 2, 2012
                Betsy is a nickname for Elizabeth.

                Sunny
                IBSSG

                > To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
                > From: selenadepp@...
                > Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 01:31:27 +0000
                > Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Samuel Remick
                >
                > I should also mention he lived in the Kittery,Me area.
                >
                > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Selena" <selenadepp@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Greetings all,
                > > I am looking for info on Samuel Remick b.1694, mainly his wife, Elizabeth Mason m. 1717. I was under the impression his wife's name was Betsy, and saw some info that listed Elizabeth, so now I don't know.
                > >
                > > Kelley

              • Angelee
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
                  Betsy, Bets, Beth, Lizzy, Kizziah, Betty are just some of the nicknames for Elizabeth.