RE: [Genealogy Research Club] Now Find A Grave (Was West Damascus, Wayne Co, PA cemetery help needed)

  • Chris Emory
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 28, 2012
      Hi Jennifer, thought I recognized your name from a scrapbook group, is it Cricutlovers or Cutterscreek? Anyhow, thank you. I am really enjoying the activity on this group with the opportunity to help others and get help as well.

      Crystalwww.lds.orgFiskateer #4543www.Civitan.orgCharter member of the Local Waynesboro Area CivitanWWW.findagrave.com member #46792320Today you are you, that truer than true, there's no one alivewho's youer than you. Dr. Seuss.

      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      From: jrobb321@...
      Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 19:28:00 -0400
      Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Now Find A Grave (Was West Damascus, Wayne Co, PA cemetery help needed)

      Thanks for the info. on Find A Grave, Crystal--and good to see you here!

      Jennifer Robb

      jrobb321@...

      Jennifer you are correct. If a person knows where their rellie is born go to the FAG site, find the provdence, country, state, county, cemetery, whatever and see if the person is buried there. If they are you can use the little tab on the top right corner of the memorial to request a photo of that memorial, if it isn't already there. People from that area will receive notification that a picture request has been made for that area. If there is no listing and you know where they are born you can add all the info you need to about them and then still go to the tab and ask for a picture to be taken of the memorial. It is free to join and as you add memorials a tab is kept telling you how many memorials you have added and how many you maintain. Say you add one and then someone asks for ownership because it is there rellie. You might also add some and then someone will send you info on a person asking you to update the memorial, like the full obit or other pieces of info. Someone does not have to own the memorial to be able to add the picture. Picture credit is given as well since one person can open the memorial and another can add the picture. Someone else can add a personal picture to the memorial as well. You are supposed to own the pictures you add though. Like going to the newspaper and finding an obit with a picture isn't legal to add the picture unless you own it. I have never heard of anyone challenging that but I did read that in the FAQ's.

      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com

      From: jrobb321@...

      Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 17:08:09 -0400

      I'm not sure what the requirements are for Find A Grave, but I do think they have volunteers who will go out to cemetaries and find/photograph headstones. You may want to check there.

      Jennifer Robb

      jrobb321@...