SARAH JANE THOMPSON 1839-1917

  • christmascrafter54
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 21, 2012
      LOOKING FOR HER INDIAN NAME AND HER PARENTS NAME. SHE WAS BORN IN TENNESSEE. SHE WAS MARRIED TO WILLIAM L THOMPSON. THEY HAD 9 CHILDREN
    • Annette Ipox
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 26, 2012
        Do you know what part of TN?

        Annette  in Western North Carolina
        Completed is my word  for 2012
        Goals for 2012:
        100 pages for 2012 =  38 pages done
        100 cards for 2012 = 50 cards done
        12 projects started and completed = 6 project started and completed
        12 uncompleted projects from the past completed,  6 project completed

        ________________________________
        LOOKING FOR HER INDIAN NAME AND HER PARENTS NAME. SHE WAS BORN IN TENNESSEE. SHE WAS MARRIED TO WILLIAM L THOMPSON. THEY HAD 9 CHILDREN

      • Bloodhound; Kermit
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 27, 2012
          Ancestry.com Public Member Tree
          http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/22319979/person/1216990924?ssrc=
          SARAH JUNE (JANE) UNKNOWN
          Birth 7 Aug 1840 in Alabama
          Death 11 Oct 1917 in Ashland, Tennessee
          Married circa 1857 to William Lanham Thompson/Thomson 1831 – 1901
          one of the children is Newton Caldeen Thompson 1858 - 1930

          1860 Georgia Militia District 875, Dade, Georgia
          1870 District 1, Cheatham, Tennessee
          1880 District 25, Davidson, Tennessee
          1900 Civil District 25, Davidson, Tennessee
          1910 Civil District 13, Davidson, Tennessee
          In 1870-1910, she is listed as White; in 1860, the marks in the
          "Color column" don't make clear sense.
          1870 + 1910 censuses say she is born TN,
          1860 + 1880 + 1900 say she is born AL.

          1860 Georgia Militia District 875, Dade, Georgia
          Thompson, William/26:AL, Sarah/22:AL, Newton/2:AL, John/1m:GA

          What is your indication that she is Indian?
          Dawes Rolls? Family legend? Physical features?

          - Tom Knox

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "christmascrafter54" <angelbabe1954@...> wrote:

          > LOOKING FOR HER INDIAN NAME AND HER PARENTS NAME. SHE WAS BORN IN TENNESSEE. SHE WAS MARRIED TO WILLIAM L THOMPSON. THEY HAD 9 CHILDREN

        • bob gillis
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 27, 2012
            On 6/21/2012 3:39 PM, christmascrafter54 wrote:
            > LOOKING FOR HER INDIAN NAME AND HER PARENTS NAME. SHE WAS BORN IN
            > TENNESSEE. SHE WAS MARRIED TO WILLIAM L THOMPSON. THEY HAD 9
            > CHILDREN

            Don't shout. Typing in all caps is flaming or shouting.

            You should have mentioned that you think she was Indian in your
            original query.

            What is your evidence that she was Indian and born c 1858. What tribe or
            nation was she from?

            Searching in Tennessee, Births and Christenings, 1828-1939 there is no
            record of an Adarina or similar Curtis

            I find her in the 1860 Census:

            Name: Adarina Curtis
            Residence: , Davidson, Tennessee
            Ward: 25 Distr
            Age: 3 years
            Estimated Birth Year: 1857
            Birthplace: Tennessee
            Gender: Female
            Page: 156
            Family Number: 1021
            Film Number: 805246
            DGS Number: 4296186
            Image Number: 00433
            NARA Number: M653

            In the same household 1021 were W Curtis M 1818, E Curtis F 1823, Wm M
            1842 Isola F 1855, Fonta M 1860, Frank M 1852.

            bob gillis
          • Ahliss Helton
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 28, 2012
              Have you checked the Cherokee Nation to see if the people and names are their. You can call and ask them and they will check for you to see if they are on the rolls. I was just there today and they will answer your questions for you and look up names. They have people who will research because I watched them do it today. They are very helpful.

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
                i've been told that she was imdian. i don't know what tribe, thats part of my brick wall.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
                  thank you for your responce. do i just type in cherokee nation in the searcg bar?

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 3, 2012
                    On 7/2/2012 6:03 PM, christmascrafter54 wrote:
                    > I've been told that she was Indian. I don't know what tribe, that's part of my brick wall.

                    What evidence that she was Indian does this person who told you have ?

                    > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> Ancestry.com Public Member Tree
                    >> http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/22319979/person/1216990924?ssrc=
                    >> SARAH JUNE (JANE) UNKNOWN
                    >> Birth 7 Aug 1840 in Alabama
                    >> Death 11 Oct 1917 in Ashland, Tennessee
                    >> Married circa 1857 to William Lanham Thompson/Thomson 1831 – 1901
                    >> one of the children is Newton Caldeen Thompson 1858 - 1930
                    >>
                    >> 1860 Georgia Militia District 875, Dade, Georgia

                    There are147 William Thompsons in the 1850 Census in AL. Narrow your
                    search to Jackson and DeKalb Counties which border Dade County GA.

                    Searchlight the Alabama marriages for William Thompson bride Sarah Jane
                    I find
                    Groom's Name: William V. Thompson
                    Bride's Name: Sarah E. Graham
                    Marriage Date: 07 Nov 1859
                    Marriage Place: Tallapoosa,Alabama
                    Bride's Race (blank)

                    From Wikipedia:
                    Tallapoosa County is a county of the U.S. state of Alabama.[1] The name
                    Tallapoosa is of Creek origin, and many Indian villages were along the
                    banks of the lower river before the 19th century. As of 2010, the
                    population was 41,616. Its county seat is Dadeville.

                    bob gillis

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 3, 2012
                      Cherokee Nation Tahlequah Oklahoma.