ADARINA CURTIS THOMPSON

  • christmascrafter54
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21, 2012
      LOOKING FOR ANY INFO ON HER. SHE 'S MY GREAT GREAT GRANDMOTHER BORN ABT 1858 IN TENNESSEE. MARRIED TO CALDEEN THOMPSON BORN 1858-1930

      ALBERT
      THESSIE
      LILLIE BELL
      SAMUEL
      CLEVELAND
      OLIVER
      GERTRUDE
      COLEMAN
      EMMA
      AND WILLIE WERE THERE CHILDREN

      PLS CONTACT ME THROUGH ANGELBABE1954@... THANKS ELLEN
    • bob gillis
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 26, 2012
        You should be able find most of what you may want at familysearch.org

        Searching for: Caldeen Thompson√ marriage TN spouse: , Curtis√
        I find :

        Groom's Name: Caldeen Thompson
        Bride's Name: Rena Curtis
        Marriage Date: 04 Feb 1877
        Marriage Place: Davidson,Tennessee
        Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M51914-4
        System Origin: Tennessee-ODM
        Source Film Number: 200297

        (blank fields omitted)

        You can look for the couple and family in the Census, children's birth
        and other events and Caldeen and Rena's birth records.

        I suggest that you get several recent books on genealogy from your
        library system and read them. Read the Suggestions I sent off group.

        bob gillis

        On 6/21/2012 3:37 PM, christmascrafter54 wrote:
        > LOOKING FOR ANY INFO ON HER. SHE 'S MY GREAT GREAT GRANDMOTHER BORN
        > ABT 1858 IN TENNESSEE. MARRIED TO CALDEEN THOMPSON BORN 1858-1930
        >
        > ALBERT THESSIE LILLIE BELL SAMUEL CLEVELAND OLIVER GERTRUDE COLEMAN
        > EMMA AND WILLIE WERE THERE CHILDREN
      • Bloodhound; Kermit
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 27, 2012
          > LOOKING FOR ANY INFO ON HER.

          These look like the children -
          1900 Justice Precinct 5, Fannin, Texas
          Thompson, Nuton(Newton), head 41 born AL:AL:AL, married 4 yrs,
          (), Nellie, wife 28 born IL:IL:IN, married 4 yrs, 3 children 2 living,
          (), Sam/18:TN, Thessie/16, Bell/14, Clevland/11:TN, Gertrude/2:TX
          Mabell Talbott, "Step Da" 10 born TX:MO:IL
          NOTE: seems obvious that Nellie is second wife (or more)

          This looks like Caldeen & Adarina/Rina/Renie -
          1880 District 25, Davidson, Tennessee
          Thompson, Calde/22:AL:AL:AL, Renie/22:TN:TN:TN
          (), Earl/2:TN, Infant/1m:TN

          There are Public Member Trees at Ancestry.com that give
          Caldeen's full name as "Newton Caldeen Thompson" (b.17 Oct 1858).
          These also give the deathdate of "Adarina Curtis" as "Apr 1891"
          and list her parents as William Curtis 1818 – 1875
          and Eliza Ann Gower 1823 – 1880 .
          Some of the trees have pictures and marriage licenses.
          Some also list a total of 4 wives for Caldeen.

          1870 District 25 (P.O. Nashville), Davidson, Tennessee
          Curtis, William/52, Eliza/47, Marion/28, Adlean/20,
          (), Frankln/17, I Zorah/15, Adarine/13, Fountain/10, Mary/5

          1860 District 25 (P.O. Goodlettsville), Davidson, Tennessee
          Curtis, W/42, E/37, Wm/18, Ellen/16, Martha/13,
          (), Adaline/11, Frank/8, Isola/5, Adarina/3, Founta/5m
          Gower, M/72
          NOTE: all marked or dittoed as born "T"(Tennessee)

          1850 District 25, Davidson, Tennessee
          Curtis, William/33, Eliz A/27, Frances M/8, Ellen E/7, Martha/4
          Gower, Martha/60

          1841 28 Jan - Marriage
          William Curtis Marriage to Eliza Ann Gower
          - Davidson, Tennessee, United States
          - John M. Robertson, JP performed the ceremony

          - Tom Knox

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 28, 2012

            and On 6/21/2012 3:39 PM, christmascrafter54 wrote:

            > LOOKING FOR HER, SARAH JANE THOMPSON'S, INDIAN NAME AND HER PARENTS
            NAME. SHE WAS BORN IN TENNESSEE. SHE WAS MARRIED TO WILLIAM L THOMPSON.
            THEY HAD 9 CHILDREN

            I replied on 27 June to the first query even though my subject was for
            her second query

            Her sending two different queries with almost the same information is
            very confusing as to whom she is asking about
            Adarina Curtis married Coleen Thompson. and a Sarah Jane Thompson
            married a
            William Thompson.

            If and when she responds to my comment and questions on Adarina I may
            try to help her more.

            bob gillis
          • Ahliss Helton
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 29, 2012
              Christmascrafter54 call Cherokee nation they will help you with the names your looking for. I was just their yesterday and they looked up names for us

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2012
                i'm asking about both people. william is caldeen's father.