Hello new to the group

  • Crystal P
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 18, 2012
      Hi, My name is Crystal and I just joined the group. I have been searching my family for the better part of about 30 years. So glad the internet came along.

      I am from Waynesboro, Franklin County, Pa. Camp David is in my back yard type of thing. Some of my family moved back and forth across the boarder of Frederick County, Md and Franklin County, Pa.

      My 3rd great grandfather on my father's father side changed his name from Patch to Emory. Family legend says that he left Maine because of something he supposedly saw that caused him to fear for his life. When he got to this area where I live he changed his name with the help of a local business man.

      My mothers fathers family was instrumental in establishing the Morman Church in this area, but my direct line did not remain members of the church nor did they migrate west. So I have cousins that moved west but other than that nothing interesting on her side of the history.

      I am available to help others with any questions they might have from this area should there be any. I am actually located on the boarder of Maryland and Pa. Washington County, Md (Hagerstown) is a 20 minute drive for me so that is also a possibility if someone needs help from that area. Northern Frederick County is also not far, but Frederick City is close to an hour.

      I am a member of Findagrave, that site being one of my favorite places to submit information for others use. I also love the Valley of the Shadow Newspaper site. That site features Chambersburg, Pa and Augusta County, Va. That site consist of newspaper articles from 1859 to 1870 with regards to the two local communities in those two areas.

      Thank you for allowing me to join. I did find a few interesting names in the name database and I added my own names of most interest to the list as well.

      Besides family history, library research, galavanting around the graveyards (during non snake season) and volunteering at the Waynesboro Historical Society, I enjoy scrapbooking. I enjoy merging the two together as well. I have been working on making books to tell my ancestors story.

      Crystal
    • Sunny Shafer
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19, 2012
        may i ask what patch/emory's first/middle names were?

        Sunny
        IBSSG

        > To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
        > From: daffymom@...
        > Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 04:10:31 +0000
        > Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Hello new to the group
        >
        > Hi, My name is Crystal and I just joined the group. I have been searching my family for the better part of about 30 years. So glad the internet came along.
        >
        > I am from Waynesboro, Franklin County, Pa. Camp David is in my back yard type of thing. Some of my family moved back and forth across the boarder of Frederick County, Md and Franklin County, Pa.
        >
        > My 3rd great grandfather on my father's father side changed his name from Patch to Emory. Family legend says that he left Maine because of something he supposedly saw that caused him to fear for his life. When he got to this area where I live he changed his name with the help of a local business man.
        >
        > My mothers fathers family was instrumental in establishing the Morman Church in this area, but my direct line did not remain members of the church nor did they migrate west. So I have cousins that moved west but other than that nothing interesting on her side of the history.
        >
        > I am available to help others with any questions they might have from this area should there be any. I am actually located on the boarder of Maryland and Pa. Washington County, Md (Hagerstown) is a 20 minute drive for me so that is also a possibility if someone needs help from that area. Northern Frederick County is also not far, but Frederick City is close to an hour.
        >
        > I am a member of Findagrave, that site being one of my favorite places to submit information for others use. I also love the Valley of the Shadow Newspaper site. That site features Chambersburg, Pa and Augusta County, Va. That site consist of newspaper articles from 1859 to 1870 with regards to the two local communities in those two areas.
        >
        > Thank you for allowing me to join. I did find a few interesting names in the name database and I added my own names of most interest to the list as well.
        >
        > Besides family history, library research, galavanting around the graveyards (during non snake season) and volunteering at the Waynesboro Historical Society, I enjoy scrapbooking. I enjoy merging the two together as well. I have been working on making books to tell my ancestors story.
        >
        > Crystal

      • Sunny Shafer
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 19, 2012
          forgot to say welcome Crystal :-)

          Do you know when (date or year) 3rd GGfather left Maine for Pa?
          his work?
          spouse(s) names?

          Sunny
          IBSSG

          > To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
          > From: daffymom@...
          > Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 04:10:31 +0000
          > Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Hello new to the group
          >
          > Hi, My name is Crystal and I just joined the group. I have been searching my family for the better part of about 30 years. So glad the internet came along.
          >
          > I am from Waynesboro, Franklin County, Pa. Camp David is in my back yard type of thing. Some of my family moved back and forth across the boarder of Frederick County, Md and Franklin County, Pa.
          >
          > My 3rd great grandfather on my father's father side changed his name from Patch to Emory. Family legend says that he left Maine because of something he supposedly saw that caused him to fear for his life. When he got to this area where I live he changed his name with the help of a local business man.
          >
          > My mothers fathers family was instrumental in establishing the Morman Church in this area, but my direct line did not remain members of the church nor did they migrate west. So I have cousins that moved west but other than that nothing interesting on her side of the history.
          >
          > I am available to help others with any questions they might have from this area should there be any. I am actually located on the boarder of Maryland and Pa. Washington County, Md (Hagerstown) is a 20 minute drive for me so that is also a possibility if someone needs help from that area. Northern Frederick County is also not far, but Frederick City is close to an hour.
          >
          > I am a member of Findagrave, that site being one of my favorite places to submit information for others use. I also love the Valley of the Shadow Newspaper site. That site features Chambersburg, Pa and Augusta County, Va. That site consist of newspaper articles from 1859 to 1870 with regards to the two local communities in those two areas.
          >
          > Thank you for allowing me to join. I did find a few interesting names in the name database and I added my own names of most interest to the list as well.
          >
          > Besides family history, library research, galavanting around the graveyards (during non snake season) and volunteering at the Waynesboro Historical Society, I enjoy scrapbooking. I enjoy merging the two together as well. I have been working on making books to tell my ancestors story.
          >
          > Crystal

        • Chris Emory
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 21, 2012
            Thank you for the welcome Sunny. In a little while I am going to post all that I know about my 3rd great grandfather, dates, names, area etc. Thank you for being willing to help me.

            Crystalwww.lds.orgFiskateer #4543www.Civitan.orgCharter member of the Local Waynesboro Area CivitanWWW.findagrave.com member #46792320Today you are you, that truer than true, there's no one alivewho's youer than you. Dr. Seuss.

            To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
            From: circa_1948@...
            Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:29:47 -0700
            Subject: RE: [Genealogy Research Club] Hello new to the group