Re: [Genealogy Research Club]infant Rowe

  • bob gillis
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 5, 2012
      On 6/3/2012 2:59 AM, sandra smith wrote:
      > Hi Bob Yes that is my mothers family. Her parents were Elbert and
      > Emma Eunice Shores. She was born in Penna Jan 1916.
      >
      > I do not know the names on the Rowe stones but do know they are 1950
      > or later. My source for the location was my aunt. She said my
      > brother was on the other side of the cemetery from her mother. No I
      > have not gone to the cemetery as it is in Vestal NY and I live in
      > Jacksonville AR.
      >
      > I have posted on genforum and on a Broome county board. I have also
      > had a person there research the state death records as well as
      > contacted the state library and the cemetery itself.

      What did you ask of which cemetery and what did the cemetery office
      say back to you?
      Did the cemetery have and send you the the locations of Rowe burials?

      You posted essentially the same query you wrote here in in 2006 and
      again in Nov 2010, 18 months ago with one response, a correction.

      Ask on the Broome Board and on the NYBROOME list for a Random Act of
      Genealogical Kindness, RAOGK. Ask for someone one to go to the
      cemetery and look for the stones.

      > My grandmother I believe was from around Ulster Pa and my grandfather
      > Sheshequin area but are in bradford county. At one time I saw a copy
      > of a marriage record for my mom but its been years since. It was a
      > church wedding. It was in a booklet.
      >
      > I am wondering if it might be possible he died in Penna while
      > visiting? Their is no one I can ask as my mom died in 1949. My
      > grandmother died in 1934 and my grandfather was killed in a auto
      > accident in NJ in 1937.
    • mg
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 4, 2012
         They are buried in St. Peter's in Clermont...not sure when they arrived but they are in several censuses.  He apparnetly dug graves from time to time but was probably also a farm laborer. She is definitely from County Kerry..I think it is likely that he was too.  I never saw any children listed.  I don't have my records with me as they are on my broken computer...I believe he was born around 1830.

        His name was spelled different ways..Bart, Batt, Crean, Crehan Creehan.

        It is possible he might be related to my ggm Eliza Crehan, who came somehow to US as an orphan..we heard by herself and she never heard from family again, but a little death story about her says she was from County Kerry and came with relatives.  I suspect that she is related to Batt and they reunited in the 1870s or so...

        From looking at County Kerry records, a large number of Creans seemed to come from Annascoul..the famous explorer Tom Crean did.

        Any help would be appreciated.  mg