Re: a divorced William CROSS in 1910 Ohio

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
      > 1900 Turtle Creek, Warren, Ohio
      > Cross, William/41:OH:OH:OH/b:Nov1858, Eva/36:OH:OH:OH/b:Sep1863,
      > - married 18 yrs, 2children 2 living
      > (), Ray/16, Earl/18
      >
      > 1910 Clear Creek, Warren, Ohio
      > Cross, Eva S/46/divorced, Earl C/23, William B/9

      This is not guaranteed to be the correct WILLIAM,
      but he *is* approximately the correct age, and DIVORCED (in 1910) -

      Found at http://familysearch.org
      looking for WILLIAM CROSS in CLERMONT COUNTY, OHIO
      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MLNJ-Y5J
      - also verified at Ancestry.com -
      1910 Wayne, Clermont, Ohio
      Earl Jones head M 28y Ohio; married.1 4 years
      Lena Jones wife F 34y Ohio
      William Cross boarder M 50y Ohio; divorced; farm laborer
      NOTE: adjacent to a VAN CAMP household, which just happens to be
      the maiden name of EVA S SOUTH's mother!
      COMMENT: could possibly EARL JONES actually be his son EARL CROSS ?
      The age is correct for his son.
      (yes, that could possibly mean that Earl was "double-census'ed".)
      Or possibly are Earl & Lena related to the Van CAMPs?

      (Compare to William CROSS from Clermont County in my previous msg.)

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn <carcross02@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I am new to the group and am looking for help or suggestions on where to look for more information.
      >
      > I am trying to trace the ancestors of my paternal Grandfather Earl C. Cross he was born in Germantown, Montgomery County, Ohio in 1887. From what I have found through Ancestory.com his parents were William Cross born in 1858 and Eva Cross (maiden name not available) born in 1863. Both of his parents were born in Ohio and his father William was a farmer. He had an older brother Ray Cross or T Ray Cross, and a younger brother William. They lived in Warren, Ohio in 1900. The 1910 Census record shows only Eva, my Grandfather and his brother William living in Warren, Ohio. At this time my Great-Grandmother Eva worked as milliner and my Grandfather was a laborer. Nothing more on my Great-Grandfather or Great-Grandmother.
      >

      > Carolyn DeGroff

    • Sunny Shafer
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2012
        I have a ...

        Edna Hazel Cross b. 1913 in West Park, Ohio; died 1995 in Roseland, Ohio (parents were Henry George and Violet Redstone).
        and her brother
        Glenn Henry Cross born 1910; died 1926 in Berea, Ohio. (parents were Henry George and Violet Redstone)

        George William Cross b. England but married (Amelia Cooper there) and they lived in Ohio at some point cuz she died there.

        2 Earl Crosses in Ohio (jr/sr) but middle names are "Wesley".

        Sunny
        IBSSG