RE: Ancestors for Cross Family (Ohio)

  • Carolyn
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
      Hi,
      Thank you for the information. I really appreciate the help.

      Carolyn DeGroff
      The more we share; the more we learn.
      http://www.artfire.com/users/CSDDesign
      Blog: http://csddesignbeadbits.blogspot.com/

    • Bloodhound; Kermit
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
        This confirms Eva's maiden name (SOUTH) -

        Ohio, Births and Christenings Index, 1800-1962 (Ancestry.com)
        Name: William Blair Cross
        Gender: Male - Race: White
        Birth Place: Turtlecreek, Warren, Ohio
        Birth Date: 21 Sep 1900
        Father's Name: Wm. Cross
        Mother's name: Eva South
        FHL Film Number: 384210
        =====
        Name: Raymond Cross
        Gender: Male - Race: White
        Birth Place: Union Township, Warren, Ohio
        Birth Date: 15 Feb 1884
        Father's Name: Wm. Cross
        Mother's name: Eva
        FHL Film Number: 384210

        Find-A-Grave
        Name: Ray Cross (1884 - 1958)
        http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=41008912
        Lebanon Cemetery - Lebanon, Warren, Ohio, USA
        Spouse: Allie M Cross (1884 - 1954)

        Find-A-Grave has Isaac & Elizabeth CROSS (from 1860-1870 censuses)
        in Plainview Cemetery, Newtonsville, Clermont, Ohio, USA
        (and probably some of the other buried CROSS are their children)
        http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GSln=Cross&GSiman=1&GScid=42701&

        - Tom Knox

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

        > > 1900 Turtle Creek, Warren, Ohio
        > > Cross, William/41:OH:OH:OH/b:Nov1858, Eva/36:OH:OH:OH/b:Sep1863,
        > > - married 18 yrs, 2children 2 living
        > > (), Ray/16, Earl/18
        > > 1910 Clear Creek, Warren, Ohio
        > > Cross, Eva S/46/divorced, Earl C/23, William B/9
        >
        > Another researcher of this family -
        > RootsWeb WorldConnect Family Tree
        > http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=johnmsouth1&id=I006693
        > Name: William Cross > Birth: NOV 1858
        > Marriage : Eva S. South b: SEP 1863 in Clermont co Ohio
        > Married: 20 MAR 1882 in Clermont co Ohio
        > Children > 1. Roy Cross b: 13 AUG 1884 in Clermont co Ohio
        > 2. Earl C. Cross b: 9 MAR 1887 in Clermont co Ohio
        > 3. William Blair Cross b: 12 JAN 1903 in Clermont co Ohio
        >
        > 1880 Jackson, Clermont, Ohio
        > Thomas M. South 38:OH:OH:OH
        > Mary South 37:OH:OH:OH
        > Eva S. South 16:OH:OH:OH
        > (), Perry F/14, Wesley W/13, William V/11, Malon C/10
        > (), Luelen R/8, Catherine L/4, Turpen D/2, Marcelus A/1
        >
        > Note that Clermont County is adjacent to Warren County (1900/1910 censuses)
        > http://www.ohgenweb.org/map.php
        >
        > Hmm - here is a WILLIAM CROSS of the right age in Clermont County -
        > 1870 Wayne (P.O. Goshen), Clermont, Ohio
        > Cross, Isaac D/47, Elizabeth/37, Hannah A/16, William/11,
        > (), John/9, Isaac/7, Celestia/4, Mary/9m
        > 1860 Wayne, Clermont, Ohio
        > Isaac Cross 30 carpenter (all are dittoed as born OHIO)
        > Elizabeth () 28
        > Hanna Alerres 6
        > Wm Cross 2
        >
        > - Tom Knox
        >
        > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn <carcross02@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am trying to trace the ancestors of my paternal Grandfather Earl C. Cross he was born in Germantown, Montgomery County, Ohio in 1887. From what I have found through Ancestory.com his parents were William Cross born in 1858 and Eva Cross (maiden name not available) born in 1863. Both of his parents were born in Ohio and his father William was a farmer. He had an older brother Ray Cross or T Ray Cross, and a younger brother William. They lived in Warren, Ohio in 1900. The 1910 Census record shows only Eva, my Grandfather and his brother William living in Warren, Ohio. At this time my Great-Grandmother Eva worked as milliner and my Grandfather was a laborer. Nothing more on my Great-Grandfather or Great-Grandmother.
        > > Carolyn DeGroff
      • Bloodhound; Kermit
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
          > 1900 Turtle Creek, Warren, Ohio
          > Cross, William/41:OH:OH:OH/b:Nov1858, Eva/36:OH:OH:OH/b:Sep1863,
          > - married 18 yrs, 2children 2 living
          > (), Ray/16, Earl/18
          >
          > 1910 Clear Creek, Warren, Ohio
          > Cross, Eva S/46/divorced, Earl C/23, William B/9

          This is not guaranteed to be the correct WILLIAM,
          but he *is* approximately the correct age, and DIVORCED (in 1910) -

          Found at http://familysearch.org
          looking for WILLIAM CROSS in CLERMONT COUNTY, OHIO
          https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MLNJ-Y5J
          - also verified at Ancestry.com -
          1910 Wayne, Clermont, Ohio
          Earl Jones head M 28y Ohio; married.1 4 years
          Lena Jones wife F 34y Ohio
          William Cross boarder M 50y Ohio; divorced; farm laborer
          NOTE: adjacent to a VAN CAMP household, which just happens to be
          the maiden name of EVA S SOUTH's mother!
          COMMENT: could possibly EARL JONES actually be his son EARL CROSS ?
          The age is correct for his son.
          (yes, that could possibly mean that Earl was "double-census'ed".)
          Or possibly are Earl & Lena related to the Van CAMPs?

          (Compare to William CROSS from Clermont County in my previous msg.)

          - Tom Knox

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn <carcross02@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          > I am new to the group and am looking for help or suggestions on where to look for more information.
          >
          > I am trying to trace the ancestors of my paternal Grandfather Earl C. Cross he was born in Germantown, Montgomery County, Ohio in 1887. From what I have found through Ancestory.com his parents were William Cross born in 1858 and Eva Cross (maiden name not available) born in 1863. Both of his parents were born in Ohio and his father William was a farmer. He had an older brother Ray Cross or T Ray Cross, and a younger brother William. They lived in Warren, Ohio in 1900. The 1910 Census record shows only Eva, my Grandfather and his brother William living in Warren, Ohio. At this time my Great-Grandmother Eva worked as milliner and my Grandfather was a laborer. Nothing more on my Great-Grandfather or Great-Grandmother.
          >

          > Carolyn DeGroff

        • Sunny Shafer
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2012
            I have a ...

            Edna Hazel Cross b. 1913 in West Park, Ohio; died 1995 in Roseland, Ohio (parents were Henry George and Violet Redstone).
            and her brother
            Glenn Henry Cross born 1910; died 1926 in Berea, Ohio. (parents were Henry George and Violet Redstone)

            George William Cross b. England but married (Amelia Cooper there) and they lived in Ohio at some point cuz she died there.

            2 Earl Crosses in Ohio (jr/sr) but middle names are "Wesley".

            Sunny
            IBSSG