Re: [Genealogy Research Club] VAN HUYSSTEEN

  • bob gillis
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2012
      On 5/22/2012 9:39 AM, mariettepotgieter wrote:
      > Good day,
      >
      > Does anyone have any information on a person named John William VAN
      > HUYSSTEEN, he died in December 1961 in Despatch, South Africa. He
      > was married to a lady probably named Hester MEIRING or MEYBURGH she
      > is buried in Boksburg, South Africa. They had eleven children.
      >
      > Two of their daughters have been adopted by nieces of the birth
      > father. But I can't seem to get any information on the father or the
      > mother and because the daughter was adopted she does not know much
      > about them. Also just one of the kids that grew up with the birth
      > parents is still alive and she does not have any contact with him.
      >
      > What to do? I am a total dummy at this stuff? Please give me advise.

      Assuming you live in South Africa.

      It is unlikely that anyone on this group is familiar with South African
      Records.

      There is nothing on familysearch.org found at
      https://familysearch.org/#form. However look at the FHL Catalog

      1. Go to The Genealogy Society of SA web site at http://www.genza.org.za/

      2. Get some recent books on genealogy from your library system and read
      them. Get some with emphasis on SA and the internet.

      3. Find a list, Message Board or Forum on South African genealogy

      bob gillis