VAN HUYSSTEEN

  • mariettepotgieter
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2012
      Good day,

      Does anyone have any information on a person named John William VAN HUYSSTEEN, he died in December 1961 in Despatch, South Africa.
      He was married to a lady probably named Hester MEIRING or MEYBURGH she is buried in Boksburg, South Africa. They had eleven children.

      Two of their daughters have been adopted by nieces of the birth father. But I can't seem to get any information on the father or the mother and because the daughter was adopted she does not know much about them. Also just one of the kids that grew up with the birth parents is stil alive and she does not have any contact with him.

      What to do? I am a total dummy at this stuff? Please give me advise.

      Thank You,
      Mariette
    • bob gillis
      Message 2 of 2 , May 23, 2012
        On 5/22/2012 9:39 AM, mariettepotgieter wrote:
        > Good day,
        >
        > Does anyone have any information on a person named John William VAN
        > HUYSSTEEN, he died in December 1961 in Despatch, South Africa. He
        > was married to a lady probably named Hester MEIRING or MEYBURGH she
        > is buried in Boksburg, South Africa. They had eleven children.
        >
        > Two of their daughters have been adopted by nieces of the birth
        > father. But I can't seem to get any information on the father or the
        > mother and because the daughter was adopted she does not know much
        > about them. Also just one of the kids that grew up with the birth
        > parents is still alive and she does not have any contact with him.
        >
        > What to do? I am a total dummy at this stuff? Please give me advise.

        Assuming you live in South Africa.

        It is unlikely that anyone on this group is familiar with South African
        Records.

        There is nothing on familysearch.org found at
        https://familysearch.org/#form. However look at the FHL Catalog

        1. Go to The Genealogy Society of SA web site at http://www.genza.org.za/

        2. Get some recent books on genealogy from your library system and read
        them. Get some with emphasis on SA and the internet.

        3. Find a list, Message Board or Forum on South African genealogy

        bob gillis