Brick wall: MCGREGOR

  • tinynit
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26 5:43 PM
      My father's maternal grandmother has been another brick wall.

      Eliza MCGREGOR was born 9 Feb 1842 in Edinburgh, Scotland (according to her obituary). and died 11 Mar 1916 in Bruce Twp, Chippewa County, Michigan. She married Dennis RANSON on 11 Oct 1869 in Kingston, Ontario. (I don't have a source listed for this marriage. It came
      from an elderly family member.) My other information on her comes from her death record in the Chippewa Count courthouse and her obituary.

      I think it was on her daughter's marriage record that I found Eliza's father's name, Alexander MCGREGOR; her mother's name is simply listed as, "STENHOUSE." I have not been able to find a census record in Ontario (or any record) that seems to fit these details, nor her marriage record.

      She and my great grandfather, Denis, immigrated from Grey Couty, Ontario to Michigan and brought their three young children with them. One child was born in Michgan.

      What I am seeking now is some clue to find ore information about Elia if anyone can help.