Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Morgan of Phila, PA

  • passionforthepastgenealogy
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 23, 2012
      thanks for the info! I have this already. I have her in the 1900- 1930 census, and her marriage record. What I am looking for is ANYTHING BEYOND 1930. I don't know when she died, where, her husband after 1930 as well. William was born in 1905 via the 1900-1930 census. thanks so much :)

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, bob gillis <robertgillis@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > > court. I could not find her at the same address in the 1940 census,
      > > nor the city directory.
      > And first
      >
      > On 4/16/2012 8:53 AM, passionforthepastgenealogy wrote:
      > > Looking for ANY info after 1930 for Wilhelmenia Minnie Morgan.
      > Surname; Bowers. I'm > trying to find out when she died and any death info.
      >
      > I think are saying her married name was Wilhelmenia Morgan and her
      > birth surname was Bowers.
      >
      > The 1930 Census does have her name spelled Wilhelmenia and the
      > Philadelphia marriage index has her given name as Minnie
      >
      > I really hate having to drag out information.
      >
      > I questioned the spelling of her given name. Searching the SSDI for
      > Wilhelmina Morgan on FamilySearch I found two Wilhelminas that might be
      > yours:
      >
      > 1. Wilhelmina MORGAN
      > Birth Date: 8 Sep 1906 Death Date: Jun 1978
      > SSN 196-07-1460 Issued: Pennsylvania
      >
      > Death Residence ZIP Code: 19601
      > Localities: Greenfield Manor, Berks, Pennsylvania
      > Death Benefit Localities Zip Code: 19601
      > Localities: Greenfield Manor, Berks, Pennsylvania
      >
      > 2. Wilhelmina MORGAN
      > Birth Date: 2 Jul 1901 Death Date: Mar 1968
      > SSN 201-42-6014 Issued: Pennsylvania
      >
      > Death Residence Localities
      > ZIP Code: 17261; S Mountain, Franklin, Pennsylvania
      >

      > On 4/19/2012 11:03 AM, Pattie She wrote:
      > > Hi. I found Wilhelmenia in the 1910-1930 phila, pa census. Yes,
      > Wilhelmenia was her given name and Minnie was a nickname. Her husband is
      > William K. Morgan. They were married in 1923 in Phila, PA Orphans court.
      > I could not find her at the same address in the 1940 census, nor the
      > city directory.
      >
      > In the 1920 Census I find:
      >
      > Name: Minnie Bowers
      > Residence: , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
      > Estimated Birth Year: 1898
      > Age: 22
      > Birthplace: Pennsylvania
      > Father's Birthplace: Germany
      > Mother's Birthplace: Austria
      > Image Number: 00788
      > Sheet Number: 1
      > Parent William Bowers M 63y
      > Parent Elizabeth Bowers F 48y
      > William Bowers M 25y
      > Lillian Bowers F 23y
      > Minnie Bowers F 22y
      > Joseph Bowers M 16y
      > Margaret Bowers F 13y
      > Elizabeth Bowers F 7y
      >
      > In the 1910 Census I find this one family that matches the parents names
      > in 1920:
      >
      > Name: William Bowers
      > Birthplace: Pennsylvania
      >
      > Residence: Philadelphia Ward 1, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
      > Father's Birthplace: Pennsylvania
      > Mother's Birthplace: Pennsylvania
      > Family Number: 128
      > Page Number: 6
      > William Bowers M 29y
      > Spouse Elizabeth Bowers F 28y
      > Child Elizabeth Bowers F 5y
      >
      > Are the parents of your Wilhelmina/Minnie as above?
      >
      > Search fro your Wilhelmina/Minnie in the USA in 1910. I found her in

    • bob gillis
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 23, 2012
        On 4/23/2012 10:50 AM, passionforthepastgenealogy wrote:

        > thanks for the info! I have this already. I have her in the 1900-
        > 1930 census, and her marriage record. What I am looking for is
        > ANYTHING BEYOND 1930. I don't know when she died, where, her husband
        > after 1930 as well. William was born in 1905 via the 1900-1930
        > census. thanks so much :)

        I think this is her husband , same county, close SSN. There is no death
        of a William Morgan in Franklin County in the SSDI.

        First Name: William
        Middle Name:
        Last Name: Morgan
        Name Suffix:
        Birth Date: 9 May 1902
        Social Security Number: 196-05-9973
        Place of Issuance: Pennsylvania
        Last Residence: Berks, Pennsylvania
        Zip Code of Last Residence: 19601
        Death Date: November 1977
        Estimated Age at Death: 75

        Go to the PABERKS list or Berks Message Board on rootsweb.com and search
        for and ask for obits for them.

        bob gillis