Brick Wall: Robert EYRE c1648-1708

  • Judy Ardine
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2012
      Robert EYRE said to be b:30 Jan 1648/49, possibly England. Who were his
      parents? Where was he born?
      Robert was said to have been apprenticed to a William ROGERS of Bristol.
      Robert md: Ann SMITH, dtr of Francis and Anne SMITH of Devizes, Wiltshire,
      England.
      Robert EYRE and Ann SMITH md: c1684 in Bethel twp, Chester (now Delaware)
      cnty, PA and settled Francis SMITH's land for him for which they were
      granted a parcel of land.
    • bob gillis
      Message 2 of 2 , May 18 3:04 PM
        On 4/23/2012 8:38 AM, Judy Ardine wrote:
        > Robert EYRE said to be b:30 Jan 1648/49, possibly England. Who were
        > his parents? Where was he born? Robert was said to have been
        > apprenticed to a William ROGERS of Bristol. Robert md: Ann SMITH,
        > dtr of Francis and Anne SMITH of Devizes, Wiltshire, England. Robert
        > EYRE and Ann SMITH md: c1684 in Bethel twp, Chester (now Delaware)
        > cnty, PA and settled Francis SMITH's land for him for which they were
        > granted a parcel of land.

        Searching for Robert Eyre in England in familysearch.org I find 32
        records but several are for a Robert Eyre christening: 28 Dec 1631 Great
        Chalfield,​
        Wiltshire,​ England, parents: Robert Eyre,​ Elizabeth. This is 5 miles
        East South East of Bath and about 12 Mile ESE of Bristol, Somerset. this
        Robert is the second of that name as another was buried 08 Feb 1631.

        bob gillis