Re: Philadelphia Death Record: cemetery?

  • nancyw
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2012
      Hi Tom,

      Thanks for the suggestions. Never gave it a thought that maybe N.C. stood for National Cemetery. I did check your suggestions and didn't see his name. I even tried the name Jarmin. I did a little research on the German Reformed Church and somewhere I read that the headquarters for the Church (way back when) was in North Carolina. Who knows where their records are today.

      FYI: I have a letter written (abt. 1900) by a granddaughter of his that says he traveled to Philadelphia for eye surgery and died suddenly while there. The death record I found does state he died in a hospital there. I do feel that he is buried somewhere in Phil.

      No, I don't know if he was a veteran but I kind of doubt it.

      Thanks again,

      Nancy