Morgan of Phila, PA

  • passionforthepastgenealogy
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 16, 2012
      Looking for ANY info after 1930 for Wilhelmenia Minnie Morgan. Surname; Bowers. I'm trying to find out when she died and any death info. I'm hitting a brick wall! If anyone can give advise, or help..it be appreciated greatly! Thanks! Pattie
    • passionforthepastgenealogy
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 16, 2012
        Looking for Morgan family of Phila, PA in the between 1900 and 1960. Wilhelmenia Minnie Bowers Morgan. She was born in 1902 in Phila, PA.Parents were both from Germany. Bowers her maiden name. Married William Morgan in 1923. looking for ANY death info on her! She vanished after 1930..Hitting a brick wall! Can anyone help? Thanks! Pattie
      • bob gillis
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 18, 2012
          On 4/16/2012 8:53 AM, passionforthepastgenealogy wrote:
          > Looking for ANY info after 1930 for Wilhelmenia Minnie Morgan.
          > Surname; Bowers. I'm trying to find out when she died and any death
          > info. I'm hitting a brick wall! If anyone can give advise, or
          > help..it be appreciated greatly

          Was her given name Wilhelmenia and her nickname Minnie?
          What was her husband's name? When and where were they married.
          Where did you find her in 1930 and what was your source?
          Assuming you found her in Philadelphia have you looked for her in the
          1935 Philadelphia City Directory.
          If you found her in 1930 Census or Directory try finding her at the same
          address in 1940.

          By the way the usual spelling of her given name is Wilhelmina. Do the
          records confirm your spelling?

          bob gillis

        • Pattie She
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 19, 2012
            Hi. I found Wilhelmenia in the 1910-1930 phila, pa census. Yes, Wilhelmenia was her given name and Minnie was a nickname. Her husband is William K. Morgan. They were married in 1923 in Phila, PA Orphans court. I could not find her at the same address in the 1940 census, nor the city directory.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 20, 2012
              On 4/19/2012 11:03 AM, Pattie She wrote:
              > Hi. I found Wilhelmenia in the 1910-1930 phila, pa census. Yes,
              > Wilhelmenia was her given name and Minnie was a nickname. Her husband
              > is William K. Morgan. They were married in 1923 in Phila, PA Orphans
              > court. I could not find her at the same address in the 1940 census,
              > nor the city directory.

              Yes her name is in the 1930 Census as Wilhelmenia and on her marriage
              index as Minnie. However as I mentioned before I think the correct
              spelling of her given name is Wilhelmina, the female version of the
              German Wilhelm or William

              I then find in the SSDI these two
              First Name: Wilhelmina
              Middle Name:
              Last Name: Morgan
              Name Suffix:
              Birth Date: 8 September 1906
              Social Security Number: 196-07-1460
              Place of Issuance: Pennsylvania
              Last Residence: Berks, Pennsylvania
              Zip Code of Last Residence: 19601
              Death Date: June 1978
              Estimated Age at Death: 72

              and

              First Name: Wilhelmina
              Middle Name:
              Last Name: Morgan
              Name Suffix:
              Birth Date: 2 July 1901
              Social Security Number: 201-42-6014
              Place of Issuance: Pennsylvania
              Last Residence: Franklin, Pennsylvania
              Zip Code of Last Residence: 17261
              Death Date: March 1968
              Estimated Age at Death: 67

              If I had the approximate birth date of her husband William K I may be
              able to find one that matches on of the above. For some reason at this
              time FS cannot find any record of their marriage although I found it
              earlier today but did not write down his age. She does not appear in the
              1910 Census

              I did find this:

              Name: Wilhelmina Bowers
              Titles & Terms:
              Residence: Philadelphia city, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
              Birth Date: Sep 1899
              Birthplace: Pennsylvania
              Relationship to Head of Household: Daughter
              Father: Frederick Bowers
              Father's Birthplace: Pennsylvania
              Mother: Emma Bowers
              Mother's Birthplace: Pennsylvania
              Race or Color (White
              Head-of-household Name: Frederick Bowers

              bob gillis
            • Bloodhound; Kermit
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 20, 2012
                1930 Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
                address: 447 Airdrie
                Morgan, William/27, Wilhelmenia/28:PA:Ger:Ger, William/6
                George Levans 21

                NOTE the address in the 1930 census -
                Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, City Directory, 1935
                Morgan Wm (Minnie) driver h447 Airdrie
                Morgan Wm (Rachel) janitor h441 Airdrie

                Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Marriage Index, 1885-1951
                Name: William K Morgan
                Gender: Male
                Spouse Surname: Bowers
                Spouse Gender: Female
                Marriage Place: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
                Marriage Year: 1923
                Marriage License Number: 476372
                Digital GSU Number: 4141786
                =====
                Name: Minnie W Bowers
                Gender: Female
                Spouse Surname: Morgan
                Spouse Gender: Male
                Marriage Place: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
                Marriage Year: 1923
                Marriage License Number: 476372
                Digital GSU Number: 4141622

                > Looking for Morgan family of Phila PA in between 1900 and 1960.

                Maybe the marriage license gives the names of the parents.

                - Tom Knox

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 21, 2012
                  On 4/19/2012 11:03 AM, Pattie She wrote:
                  > Hi. I found Wilhelmenia in the 1910-1930 phila, pa census. Yes,
                  > Wilhelmenia was her given name and Minnie was a nickname. Her husband
                  > is William K. Morgan. They were married in 1923 in Phila, PA Orphans
                  > court. I could not find her at the same address in the 1940 census,
                  > nor the city directory.
                  And first

                  On 4/16/2012 8:53 AM, passionforthepastgenealogy wrote:
                  > Looking for ANY info after 1930 for Wilhelmenia Minnie Morgan.
                  Surname; Bowers. I'm > trying to find out when she died and any death info.

                  I think are saying her married name was Wilhelmenia Morgan and her
                  birth surname was Bowers.

                  The 1930 Census does have her name spelled Wilhelmenia and the
                  Philadelphia marriage index has her given name as Minnie

                  I really hate having to drag out information.

                  I questioned the spelling of her given name. Searching the SSDI for
                  Wilhelmina Morgan on FamilySearch I found two Wilhelminas that might be
                  yours:

                  1. Wilhelmina MORGAN
                  Birth Date: 8 Sep 1906 Death Date: Jun 1978
                  SSN 196-07-1460 Issued: Pennsylvania

                  Death Residence ZIP Code: 19601
                  Localities: Greenfield Manor, Berks, Pennsylvania
                  Death Benefit Localities Zip Code: 19601
                  Localities: Greenfield Manor, Berks, Pennsylvania

                  2. Wilhelmina MORGAN
                  Birth Date: 2 Jul 1901 Death Date: Mar 1968
                  SSN 201-42-6014 Issued: Pennsylvania

                  Death Residence Localities
                  ZIP Code: 17261; S Mountain, Franklin, Pennsylvania

                  On 4/19/2012 11:03 AM, Pattie She wrote:
                  > Hi. I found Wilhelmenia in the 1910-1930 phila, pa census. Yes,
                  Wilhelmenia was her given name and Minnie was a nickname. Her husband is
                  William K. Morgan. They were married in 1923 in Phila, PA Orphans court.
                  I could not find her at the same address in the 1940 census, nor the
                  city directory.

                  In the 1920 Census I find:

                  Name: Minnie Bowers
                  Residence: , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
                  Estimated Birth Year: 1898
                  Age: 22
                  Birthplace: Pennsylvania
                  Father's Birthplace: Germany
                  Mother's Birthplace: Austria
                  Image Number: 00788
                  Sheet Number: 1
                  Parent William Bowers M 63y
                  Parent Elizabeth Bowers F 48y
                  William Bowers M 25y
                  Lillian Bowers F 23y
                  Minnie Bowers F 22y
                  Joseph Bowers M 16y
                  Margaret Bowers F 13y
                  Elizabeth Bowers F 7y

                  In the 1910 Census I find this one family that matches the parents names
                  in 1920:

                  Name: William Bowers
                  Birthplace: Pennsylvania

                  Residence: Philadelphia Ward 1, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
                  Father's Birthplace: Pennsylvania
                  Mother's Birthplace: Pennsylvania
                  Family Number: 128
                  Page Number: 6
                  William Bowers M 29y
                  Spouse Elizabeth Bowers F 28y
                  Child Elizabeth Bowers F 5y

                  Are the parents of your Wilhelmina/Minnie as above?

                  Search fro your Wilhelmina/Minnie in the USA in 1910. I found her in
                  1900, matching the one in 1920.

                  When was William K Morgan born?

                  bob gillis
                • passionforthepastgenealogy
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 23, 2012
                    thanks for the info! I have this already. I have her in the 1900- 1930 census, and her marriage record. What I am looking for is ANYTHING BEYOND 1930. I don't know when she died, where, her husband after 1930 as well. William was born in 1905 via the 1900-1930 census. thanks so much :)

                    --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, bob gillis <robertgillis@...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > Parent Elizabeth Bowers F 48y
                    > William Bowers M 25y
                    > Lillian Bowers F 23y
                    > Minnie Bowers F 22y
                    > Joseph Bowers M 16y
                    > Margaret Bowers F 13y
                    > Elizabeth Bowers F 7y
                    >
                    > In the 1910 Census I find this one family that matches the parents names
                    > in 1920:
                    >
                    > Name: William Bowers
                    > Birthplace: Pennsylvania
                    >
                    > Residence: Philadelphia Ward 1, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
                    > Father's Birthplace: Pennsylvania
                    > Mother's Birthplace: Pennsylvania
                    > Family Number: 128
                    > Page Number: 6
                    > William Bowers M 29y
                    > Spouse Elizabeth Bowers F 28y
                    > Child Elizabeth Bowers F 5y
                    >
                    > Are the parents of your Wilhelmina/Minnie as above?
                    >
                    > Search fro your Wilhelmina/Minnie in the USA in 1910. I found her in

                  • bob gillis
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 23, 2012
                      On 4/23/2012 10:50 AM, passionforthepastgenealogy wrote:

                      > thanks for the info! I have this already. I have her in the 1900-
                      > 1930 census, and her marriage record. What I am looking for is
                      > ANYTHING BEYOND 1930. I don't know when she died, where, her husband
                      > after 1930 as well. William was born in 1905 via the 1900-1930
                      > census. thanks so much :)

                      I think this is her husband , same county, close SSN. There is no death
                      of a William Morgan in Franklin County in the SSDI.

                      First Name: William
                      Middle Name:
                      Last Name: Morgan
                      Name Suffix:
                      Birth Date: 9 May 1902
                      Social Security Number: 196-05-9973
                      Place of Issuance: Pennsylvania
                      Last Residence: Berks, Pennsylvania
                      Zip Code of Last Residence: 19601
                      Death Date: November 1977
                      Estimated Age at Death: 75

                      Go to the PABERKS list or Berks Message Board on rootsweb.com and search
                      for and ask for obits for them.

                      bob gillis