Re: [Genealogy Research Club] 1940 census

  • bob gillis
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 15, 2012
      On 4/4/2012 5:18 PM, NJREADERS@... wrote:
      > does anyone have a site that will print an image of a page from the 1940
      > census on the full 8.5 x 11 paper?
      > I've used some sites but they print way too small and I can't figure out
      > how to enlarge it

      I have used the NARA site page. I get the image and save it to file. I
      then open it in my photo program, I use Irfanview, and print. I can
      read the information. The Column Headings and Symbols and Explanatory
      Notes are found on an number of sites. I Googled 1940 Federal Population
      Census and found it at
      http://www.archives.gov/research/census/1940/general-info.html

      bob gillis